Telling of a Story... (chpt 2)

Nolan's POV:

"alrighty" Luna said, as I went to sit with the guys. I walk over to them just as orientation starts. "Whats up big guy!!" it was my best friend, Josh. Josh had been my friend since grade school, he was the co-captain of our schools junior high football team, along with me. "Hey Josh, how was your summer?" I asked. "Oh ya know same ol same ol." "So what he meant is he was out with having sex with like ten different girls." two of the guys first bumped as they finished the sentence.

"No, I actually have something to tell you guys." Josh kind of looked serious for a moment, "don't tell us you're going gay or something man! We would hate to have to kick your ass." Joshes face went emotionless for a second, it seems I was the only one to notice. "of course not you dumb ass, I was just gonna tell you I got one of the seniors in bed with me!" He leaned back in his chair and stuck out his hand awaiting high fives, "which one bro???" everyone was asking the same question, "I don't fuck and tell my boys, don't fuck and tell."

After orientation was finished we went to our first hours, I had math but we didn't really do much. The bell rang and I went to go get Luna, she was laughing with a girl I've never seen before. I had never seen her laugh like that. She started coming towards me, "Hey babe, how was class?" She answered with a giggle and said it was good. I walked her to her next class, and went to mine.

"Good morning girl scouts, welcome back to Agriculture." Mr. Ballard spoke. Josh nudged my side and whispered, "Hey man, I gotta ask you something." I was trying to scribble down our schedule, "Yeah, what's up dude?" I could see his face drop again, in the corner of my eye. "You good man?" I asked, "Yeah, I just wanna know something from early, are you not homophobic or something?" He asked, I looked at him considering the question for a moment. "I would say no, it's not my place to tell people who or how to love, it's not bothering anyone. Why?" I asked him, looking to his face for an answer. "No reason, you just weren't acting like the other guys early." He went back to his work as I did to mine.

Class was over yet again, the day was speeding by. I didn't get to see Luna before lunch, and she wasn't responding to my messages. "Why the long face princess, your knight and shining armor not answering your cry for help?" A few of the guys chuckled a high fived, "Shut the heck up man." I said sarcastically, I meant it but I didn't want him to know I did. "So freshy, how you liking highschool," it was Joshes older friend, Lincoln. "Its the same thing as last year, except my appearance, but it's not like I really care about that." Lincoln looked at me like I was crazy, "You don't care about your appearance? How the fuck are you gonna get laid if you look like shit?"

To be honest, I don't really think about that kind of stuff. I barley like kissing, let alone sex? Blehhh! Me and Luna haven't even talked about that to be honest, but that's not what the guys know... "He doesn't need anybody to find attractive, Luna already lays him as it is!!" Josh ruffled my hair with his hand. "You know it man, that girls down bad for me. I have her screaming my name." It felt pretty nasty to lie, especially about this. About her.

Lunch was over and I went to my sports hour, Luna still hasn't responded. "Come on man, I don't even know why you're still with her." Josh put his hand on my shoulder, "you deserve better than some girl your mom used to like." My blood should've boiled, I should've been so angry with him. However, he was right. My mom died a couple years ago, and she loved Luna with all her heart. I do too, but part of me feels that way because of my mom.

"Yeah, she's not the best, but I don't know man. I don't want it to be weird, I love her family like my own. " Josh has never wanted me to be with her, he's always been against it. "I know but you've gotta do it for you!" The bell rang and everyone had already left the weight room, "You know I can't tell Nolan I like her, he'd think it's weird or be mad at me or something, I don't want to risk it." He went silent, waiting for the person on the other side of the phone to speak as he fixed his hair, "If I tell him, I jeopardize the entirerty of our friendship. It's not gonna happen." He tells the mystery person goodbye and grabs his bag. As he turns around I jump back and hide past the wall. I hear him speak to himself as he walks out, "Nolan's too good for that conversation, he doesn't deserve that confusion." After a second I hear the door shut and the building is empty.

...He likes Luna? Nahhh, it's gotta be someone elses girl, right? I thought.  

A/U: I'm sorry Nolans chapter is a little shorter, it's gonna be like that for a while. It's hard to write from the other perspective when this story is based on my life. Although chapters 3-4 are in the works and I'm really exited for you guys to see the plot twist that's to come!