1. Distortion

So yeahhh, I've always wanted to write a fic with a truth-discovering trip kind of thing, featuring some hitchhiking and bonding between characters and such, so I tried my best. And, ever since TOH aired, I've been dying to make a fanfic of it too.

I must warn you, I'm a SUCKER FOR LUZ AND HUNTER SIBLING DYNAMIC, ever since Hunting Palisman, my heart's been dying for that duo, and craving for so much more. This fic helped me vent my enthusiasm for them. I really hope you enjoy it, it' ain't the best but I really burned my head writing it.
P.S. Next chapter will be longer.

-------
It all started with the car crash.

Although, unbeknownst them, it all really started with the day Hunter was welcomed into the Noceda house. He barely had any recollection before that day (which made sense, he was only 4), and he never cared; the Noceda's were his family after all, they raised him and loved him as such. The only thing that he clutched from his unknown past was the scar that went from his right cheek down to his jaw.

Nevertheless, he had a normal life. Well, as normal as it could be having a sister like Luz. Never a dull day with her, as she liked to remark. And even though she had a lot of stories to prove her point, Hunter thought most of them were embarrassing rather than admirable.

Just like that time when she was a toddler and got stuck inside a claw machine looking for a plushie, or when she tossed all the pots to the floor with her feet when she decided that the best place to show mom her improved cartwheel was on the kitchen, or when they were on their little trip in the woods and, instead of crossing a little creek on a small bridge like a normal person, she went for a fallen tree trunk, slipped and returned home covered in mud and dirt.

It astounded him the patience Camila had for her little antics. Of course, Luz never meant no harm; her creativity and imagination were main pillars of her identity, and neither him nor mom would have her any other way, but sometimes... she exaggerated immeasurably, and that was when trouble kicked in.

Her explosive self almost caused her to be sent away for a whole season to a reality check summer camp (even he knew that would've been no fun). However, due to the miracle that that same year they befriended Willow and Gus (and in due course, Amity Blight), mom let her off the hook.

Regardless, looking back, it all actually started a week before the car crash.

Luz had proposed a sleepover at their house, and fortunately, Willow, Gus and Amity had the green light from their parents. (He had found out later that Emira, Amity's sister and his classmate, had informed Luz that their mother would be on a business trip, therefore their dad wouldn't have a reason why to say not.) Even though it was a Saturday, Gus, as president of the Paranormal Appreciation Society, had to attend a meeting that his club crew had already planned.

While his afternoon was filled, he had the rest of the night free for him to enjoy. Luz decided that while she and Amity went to buy snacks for the night, Hunter and Willow could prepare the living room, not that there was much to prepare anyways.

Contrary to what his sister thought, he was not an idiot, and of course he knew what her real plan was, but since she texted him when she was already on her way and Willow was already knocking on his door, there was no running away.

*You are so dead.

*You'll thank me when you are holding hands and calling each other cute nicknames.

*Not everyone is as cheesy as you.

*Don't act as if you won't enjoy some time alone. You are so head over heels for Willow.