More on The Goddess Selene and The Goddess Amaterasu

The picture above this work shows the twilight form of The Goddess Selene and the daybreak form of The Goddess Amaterasu. Here's a bit more insight into the two sister abilities. Enjoy!

Let me start off with explaining what sister abilities are.

Think of it like an hour glass. You've got white sand in the top half during the day which turns into black sand as it moves down. The white sand is The Goddess Amaterasu. Then once the bottom is filled with black sand at night, you flip it over and the black sand is on top. The black sand is The Goddess Selene.

The two abilities are corresponding abilities with no singularity. There is no skill singularity between these two abilities. They are similar and yet different.

So, rather than skill singularity between two skills that are extremely similar, this ultra rare phenomenon of engineered abilities has created the first two sister abilities. Abilities that are similar yet different.

I have explained that these abilities can only be activated from dusk till dawn and from dawn till dusk. But, this is somewhat false.

The Goddess Selene is an ability that thrives at night while The Goddess Amaterasu is an ability that thrives during the day. The truth of the matter is that this is when their full strength is activated. This means that these abilities can be activated outside of their respective times, but they won't be as powerful.

Now, let's get into the outfits and the weapons they use.

In twilight form, Selene wears a silver dress with off the shoulder straps and has no shoes on. She wears a hood that covers most of her hair and is connected to her dress by a rope.

The reason the two are shoeless is so that they can receive little jolts of pain to remind them of their humanity. They believe it to be smart.

The weapon Selene wields is a dual bladed scythe that she can levitate at will. But it can't be touched by someone else unless it's Alexandria. If anyone else tries to pick it up and use it, they will immediately receive a freezing sensation. If the person doesn't pull away in time, frostbite is guaranteed. Now, onto Amaterasu.

Amaterasu wears a kimono for her upper half and tights with the bottoms cut off to expose her feet. The color scheme is white and pink. Has pink streaks in her hair.

The weapon Amaterasu uses is called a tachi. Longer than a katana, it is perfect for offense and defense. This can also be levitated at will and can only be touched by Cecelia. If anyone else tried, they would receive a burning sensation instead of a freezing one. Second degree burns are guaranteed if the person doesn't pull away in time. It may even come close to third degree.

Selene's style and choice of weapon is more European while Amaterasu's style and choice of weapon are more Japanese.

To activate their abilities, they have to use an object sort of like how Q uses their doll.

For Cecelia to activate Selene, she must take off her owl totem necklace and hold it near her heart. She must then utter the name of her ability and then Selene comes out to play. It also acts as a check and balance for her ability during the day. It helps her control her ability during daylight hours. The owl totem necklace then transforms into a snowy owl that acts a bit like a familiar in a sense.

For Lexi to activate Amaterasu, she must use a knife with a phoenix carved onto the hilt and stab herself with it while uttering her ability's name to become "anew" in a sense since phoenixes are a symbol of fire and rebirth. Acts the same was as the necklace except it's during nighttime hours. The phoenix on the hilt also transforms into an actual phoenix and behaves the same as the owl.

Of the two, Selene's activation is a lot more tame and safe.

Now, onto the sub gifts that make them up. Minus the weapons.

The two goddess abilities share some sub gifts in common. Levitation, teleportation, telekinesis, glamour, and creating barriers.

Selene's sub gifts include the usage of moonfire which is a very cold flame, healing, self healing which knocks her out for a while, producing a sleeping gas from her body, hypnosis, and calming others by cupping their face.

Amaterasu's sub gifts, on the other hand, include manipulating and summoning fire, walking through fire, heightening her body temperature, and inducing a feeling of rage into others through touch.

Only a select few know about Selene while only one person knows about Amaterasu. Here's who they are:

The Goddess Amaterasu- Cecelia

The Goddess Selene- Alexandria, Dazai, Fukuzawa, Ranpo (obviously), Ryuunosuke, Gin, Mori, Kouyou, and Odasaku (he knew before his death and she made him swear that he wouldn't tell Ango)

Drawbacks to these abilities. With Selene, Cecelia's body rate might lower to the point of freezing. Heating is required. Cecelia is also more emotional thanks to this ability. With Amaterasu, Lexi's body rate might increase. Cold air is a necessity.

I hope that gives you a bit more insight into these two abilities!

I hope you enjoyed this learning opportunity! I had fun writing this. Au revoir!