Part 10

Part 10

The recording ended smoothly. A lively atmosphere surrounded the studio. Even I have a reason to celebrate. I no longer have to be here or face the band again.

Lunch palang ay naka-plano na ang celebration dinner na request ng members. The manager agreed with it and they decided to invite me  too.

"Sorry, can't," I told them. The last thing I needed was to be in a laid-back environment with them, specially Sancho. I don't trust myself enough when I'm with him.

"But you were part of the recording," Manager Jack insisted.

"And it's a dinner to celebrate your future article too!" dagdag ni Ms. Zoe.

The way they worded their request was hard to refuse. I, for one,  became familiar with them in the past few weeks. It's gonna be the last time after all. The article I've been working with them, they're just  gonna read it in the magazine.

Thirty minutes later, we arrived at a grill restaurant with the Saint  Claire team. A table was reserved for us but only half of the ten seats were occupied by the staff.

"Where are the others?" I asked since we all came to the place in three different cars.

"Pinatawag sa office," Ms. Zoe told me while the others checked on the menu.

"Office?"

"The label's office. Baka kinumusta lang ang recording. Madalas nila itong gawin ngayon, specially Saint Claire is the top music band of the label right now," she explained to me. "Mabilis lang ang meeting. Susunod sila."

Being with the team, I now realized why the members suffered from  bad cases of hangover. Almost every single one of them are heavy drinkers. Wala pa kaming isang oras sa restaurant pero nakailang bote  na sila ng iba't ibang alak.

"Cheers, Ms. Eula! Para sa article!"

I have a high alcohol tolerance. I basically trained myself for occasions like this. But I couldn't keep up with them who must have mistaken liquor for water. Isa pa, buong araw ng umiikot ang paligid ko. I can't add another torment.

Muli silang nag-abot sa'kin ng malaking mug ng beer with the froth brimming on the lid.

"Again! Bottom's up!"

I held the mug in my hand and took a deep breath. But before I could even place the glass on my lips, a guy standing behind my seat took it from me.

I tried to stare up but it only made me more dizzy. Sandali akong  pumikit habang naririnig ang kanilang boses... ang kanyang boses. Sancho. Did they arrive?

He sat on the empty chair next to me and took the drink, bottom's up.  His perfume. Among the smell of liquor and smoke, I can tell he was wearing that perfume... the brand I once gifted him.

"Nasaan mga kasama niyo?" Ms. Zoe asked Jarvis who sat across the table.

"Susunod si Papi paghatid kay Shun sa condo."

Shun, the youngest. Despite my hazy mind I couldn't help but  remember the details of my research. He's the one with the Japanese father who died of liver disease. It must have been traumatizing for  him.

"Must be hard for him not to be part of celebrations like this," I  mumbled.

"Shun?" Ms. Zoe asked. "Uma-attend lang siya kapag nasa mood. The kid's busy with online games and had an entire set-up of high-end  gaming computer in his room."

"Baka may laro sila ngayon kaya nag-pass," halakhak ni Jarvis.

That explains the frequent savage remarks from Shun. And here I am thinking of other things. I only had half of the things they've been drinking but I was already a mess.