𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

([A/T] = Adeptus Title) ([A/N] = Adeptus Name) ([Y/N] = Your Name)

Your POV:

"Don't leave without me."

.

.

.

.

"Do you really think that I would leave you behind?"

He scoffed and averted his gaze. I hummed and tugged on his arm in an attempt to make him follow me.

He obeyed and followed close behind me. The clock was still there but now more of it was revealed, before half of it was stuck in the ground. I looked at it carefully trying to remember where I had seen it before.

Alatus did the same. The more I looked at it, the more I began to remember. It had something to do with Bosacius, didn't it? It was.... from when he had to go on a mission in the Chasm.

"I think this belongs to one of the soldiers of Bosacius' mission, back then..." I contemplated

"Perhaps, you are right. I seem to recall that too."

"Should we try activating it again?"

He nodded and this time I moved the hands of the clock forwards one hour. Again, the portal changed but the other realm didn't look pleasant.

- - - - - - - - -

When we got the the other side I sensed that eerie energy again. Everything here was a shade or hue of red, the sky was blood-red, the ground was cherry-red and even the objects here were red.

I could easily see that Xiao was uncomfortable too. I could see the clock from afar and more of it was revealed.

Without a second thought I walked towards it.

Another mistake.

When I was about a few meters away from it the ground began shaking. Alatus and I both whipped our heads around to look at each other, we were both equally confused and surprised.

Soon enough, a voice started talking, I couldn't understand much of it because the voice was corrupted and raspy. Like they hadn't spoken to anyone in years.

But after a while I started to recognize the voice.

"..What..?"

I knew exactly who this was and I'm positive that Xiao did too.

Bosacius.

Was he still alive? No. This wasn't him. I couldn't sense him at all. It was a trick.

The Chasm was playing mind games on us with our own memories.

I begged that Alatus had figured it out too and wouldn't buy it. Please.

I looked over at him, his eyes were wide, mouth slightly open. Standing completely still.

I didn't even have time to warn him before 'Bosacius' manifested into a purple orb.

He was going to attack.

Could a memory hurt us? If I'm being honest I didn't really want to test it.

Xiao had finally come to his senses and summoned his spear. He went into a fighting stance ready to attack.

'Bosacius' went straight for him. They began having a one on one fight.

This confirmed my suspicion. This, was Xiao's memory.

When I got closer to help Alatus the orb retreated. Instead of attacking it began defending. Maybe it didn't like that it was in the minority?

'Bosacius' began shooting lightning everywhere.  You had to be very careful if you didn't want to get hit.

No matter how much you tried, you could never land a hit on him. Not even once. When you slashed your weapon at him it would go right trough. Like he was made out of shadows.

So the only option we had was to dodge and evade. 'Bosacius' kept playing recordings of his voice when he was here on his mission. It was making it hard to concentrate.

I felt the memories come rushing in over me like the tide of the sea.

Focus.

I barely managed to dodge an attack because I wasn't concentrated. I could see that Xiao was struggling too. He was wearing his mask but I could see that his body language was stiff and unwilling. Unwilling to fight an old friend maybe?

I don't think he has figured it out yet. That this, is his memory.

At one point he wasn't quick enough and got hit by two strikes of lightning, almost piercing himself. One by his neck and the other on his waist.

Damn it.

I could see him falling backwards. He landed on his feet but just barely. He was holding a hand over the fresh wound on his neck.

There was blood everywhere.

________________________________________

S u s p e n c e

Did you enjoy? Then please consider voting on this chapter or following my account!

See you soon, loves <3333