1 - Fresh Start

You got this Kiddo,

I assured myself while taking a deep breath as I walked inside the classroom. I looked around. There were around 20 other faces, all in their own world. I walked by as a few of them looked up at me. I walked all the way back to the last bench and looked around the classroom. Most of the seats were taken and I wondered where I could sit. All my thoughts were interrupted when I heard a voice.

"Yo girl! You can sit next to me."

I glanced at the direction, all the way to the 4th bench from where I had heard the voice. A girl, quite shorter than me, sat on the 3rd bench. She pointed at me and moved her bag as she pointed at the seat next to her.

"Here." She cleared.

I walked towards the seat and sat down, keeping my bag beside me. I gulped out of nervousness.

"New here?" I nodded "Well, I've never seen you here before. What can I call you?"

I sat upright, turning my head to face her. "Sohee."

"Am Dara. Good to know you Kiddo." She smiled as she pulled down her mask and I got a better look at her.

I glanced behind her as I saw a list of names on the notice board. "All of e'm are in our class this year." Dara cleared.

I looked at all the names but soon stopped when I saw mine. "Lee Sohee..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Yeah, that's you?" Dara asked as I nodded.

I looked around the classroom once again. I was already pretty nervous. I had recently changed my school and I had no idea how I was going to manage in a new place, with new faces.  

"Are you new to Daegu?" Dara questioned as she took a sip from her bottle. 

"Yes.." I responded as I looked around the classroom. "I was in Seoul before."

Almost everyone from the class seemed to know each other and I assumed that I was the only one who was new there. I was pretty nervous but decided to cope up with the people.

I shifted my attention back to the name board and read out the name right below mine. "Sora.."

"That's me." A voice spoke out as I looked behind to see a girl sitting right behind me.

"Sora? Nice to meet you." I spoke as she smiled back. "Are you new here too?" I asked her

"Nah, I've been in this school since the past 11 years." She responded as I nodded.

She then started a conversation with Dara as I sat there, looking around the classroom. My gaze shifted towards the door as I looked at the tall girl who walked inside the classroom with her bag.

"Isn't that Judy?" Sora asked Dara to which she gave back a nod. "Dang she changed a lot-"

I watched the girl as she made her way to the first bench and sat there, keeping her bag beside her. 

"We used to be in the same class like 2 years back." Sora stated. 

Dara rolled her eyes as she responded. "Bruh c'mon- You guys are like bestfriends."

"Bestfriends? I even doubt if I have any friends." Sora spoke back.

Dara furrowed her eyebrows. "So what am I to you? Your aunt?"

I sat there silently and watched them argue for a while but soon sighed, and shifted my gaze towards a tall boy who made his way into the classroom. He looked around and soon sat in the 2nd bench, alone. I decided to shift my place and soon took my bag and walked towards the 2nd bench without telling anything to the 2 girls who were still arguing. 

I walked towards the 2nd bench. The boy didn't notice me at first because he was busy taking out his things. I cleared my throat and spoke, "New here?"

He soon looked up and nodded with a smile, "New to Seoul too." 

"Well then we got something similar." I suggested as he moved his bag and I sat down next to him.

"Lee Sohee." I introduced myself as I extended my hand with a smile.

"Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."