The Thought Of Things That Once Were

I had been pacing the Satellite's halls for hours by now. The end of one hallway, the doorway to a next, the quarters of places that felt foreign and gone. Performing something of checking my memory, "what have I ate today? Have I ever eaten in the first place?" Or "Has it been a day or a year?" I listened to my metal feet pick up and my body swivel, reaching one destination and immediately headed to a next. I stared at each door I passed. I knew there had to be some that I never entered. This ship needed uncharted lands. If it didn't, I don't know what would happen to me. I needed a sense of order, I had a purpose, now where is it and what was it? I had to give myself one, or else I was riding out something that I had no grasp on.
I could feel them judging me, the wires that coated the walls. I could feel them staring at me. They needed attention. They yearned for love. If my claws were able to reach through them then I'd help them. I'd wipe away the years, decades, the centuries of neglect that coated them. It wasn't like they were dirty or anything, but I knew they missed everything- uh, everyone, too. After all, there wasn't anything to dirty them. I live in a vacuum within a vacuum. If those worlds were to collide I would die. If those worlds were to collide I would die. I was thinking it again.
I went off course, picking up speed as I found my new destination. The sound of drumming machinery approached me.
I entered the main room. I stood behind the desk with my arms relaxed on it. The alarm buttons have been stuck in a bright glow for a long time. At least as long as I can remember. What do I remember? I remember a tiny red machine, it was like me, but different. I think that's called a personality. I remember a big purple one too! She was tall and strong. Something of a peace keeper. There was one that hovered above us, his parts attached to the ceiling. He was reassuring, I think. But, there was one more. Or two more? But they weren't like us. They built me. They made us. They took care of us.
I felt my claws tighten on themselves.
They protected me?? Where? Who? I don't understand. The ground was littered in paper. Who am I? I don't understand. Where are they? Did they leave me? If they were protecting me this wouldn't be happening. This couldn't be happening.
Through my now spiraling thoughts I heard an almost foreign noise, but it was so familiar.

"CROW?! YOU HERE?! Me, Tom, Gypsum and Cambot have been looking all over! We've missed you!" A voice called out, clearly frantic and worried.

Crow, that's- that's me. Tom? Gypsum? Cambot? I remember. I remember them. I'm Crow T. Robot.
That voice suddenly charged towards me, arms stretched and held breath. Choked sobs and joyful calling.

"Wh- What?" If I could cry I would. It dawned on me. These people, they were real and they were here and they were looking for me. How long have I been here? Alone? "Tom? Gypsum? Cambot? Who-"

"Uh-oh Mike, I think we overestimated his memory." Tom talked quietly, clearly stunned and nervous.

"We overestimated how long he's been here!" Gypsum cried and corrected the smaller bot. "Oh stars!! Cro-ooow!" She cried and wrapped around both me and the- no, Mike, hugging me.

I sobbed. "I don't - what?? What happened?? Who-" I choked through the utter confusion. Mike held me tightly and shushed me. Gypsum was crying and we were rocking back and forth.

"We're never leaving again, we're here, it's alright." He was whispering to me. I couldn't tell if it was directed at me, at him, the rest of us, or all of us.

"Uh, Mike?" Tom was now on the floor with the various pages of paper covered in writing. Some of them were parts of a screenplay I couldn't finish, others were purely my emotions and pleas for help. I was really hoping Tom was just looking at screenplay parts. He turned to look at me. Yeah, he wasn't looking at screenplays.

Mike turned to see Tom among the papers. "Oh dear. You guys clean that up, I'm gonna stay with Crow." He gripped my shoulder reassuringly.

749 words!