intro

▌│█║▌║▌║ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴇsᴄᴀᴘɪsᴍ ║▌║▌║█│▌

Inspired by All the Bright Places written by Jennifer Niven.

So I think it's fine if you want to skip this chapter and go straight away to the story if you want to because this chapter is just a brief summarization and introduction to the story.

↪ About the reader, I will not use l/n // y/n// n/n but instead, I will use (Last Name)/ (First Name)/ (Nickname) and the reader will use she/her pronouns and yes, of course, I'm not going to describe how she looks like because it is a reader-insert for a reason. And I am sick of books that state their body type, skin colour or eye colour or something because it most likely proves that the writer is standardizing beauty. And we all know that beauty is subjective and it should not be specified, especially in a reader-insert book. Also, this story prioritizes personality and chemistry rather than physical appearance because I'm also tired of stories that keep on making the guy fall in love with the girl just because she's pretty and that's the only thing good about her. Yeah sorry for projecting here BAHAHAAHAH.

↪ Now for Shuji's character, I make him a green flag of course and he's not a delinquent or a criminal in this story, he's just a normal guy that goes to college and stuff but still he's not OOC, he still a dumbass and likes to say whatever the hell that comes up on his mind but still he's nice and caring in this fic. I just don't want to make him toxic or toying with girls because do you really think he can pull bitches? I think he can't LMFAOOOOO. So yeah, Shuji is just a lovable goofball in this story.

contents:

1) Fluff - Yes, this is a must in this fic and there will be A LOT of it.

2) Angst - The happier you are reading this fic, the more miserable you'll be when you reach the end.

timeline:

1) 2012 (Past), 2022 (Present)

2) This storyline is just (First Name) and Shuji in college, mostly is just them hanging out like college people will do, no superpowers or some shit. And there will be a made-up backstory for Shuji too so if suddenly there's finally a backstory for Shuji coming out in the manga, please remember that this fic way before that okay.

age:

1) Shuji and (First Name) are both 23 in 2012

2) Kisaki is 20. ( yeah as much as I hate him, I have to put him as a plot device since I can't imagine Shuji genuinely befriending someone else but him and yeah, he's not that musty mf like he's in the manga, he's just Shuji's younger nerd friend that follows Shuji everywhere)

setting:

Most places will be in Shinjuku because as I reread the manga, Shuji is from Kabukicho which is in Shinjuku City. But some places might be fictional since I never move my ass to travel to Japan and witness that place myself, but I'll try my best to put real places that are in the city accurately.

↪Their romance trope is Reunited Childhood Friends and this is NOT slow burn and this story will be short so the romance is already there and no build-up.

↪ Story will also be in the second POV so the reader-insert will be labelled as 'you'.

↪ Warning will be stated above the chapter if it mentions sensitive topics. But don't worry, most likely sensitive topics such as r4p3, will not be put into detail and will only be mentioned (if it is a part of the plot).

↪ This story is PG-13 and sfw, there's no steamy content since this fic will be wholesome and depressing.

↪ Main track: Everything I wanted - Billie Eilish

↪ So yeah that's all for now, thanks for stopping by this chapter and hope you will enjoy the fic later on.