Chapter 13: Unopened Letters

It was almost halfway through November and my birthday was only a few days away. I dropped small hints here and there about what I wanted but I wasn't sure if Anthony was paying attention to any of them.

This was big since it was the first birthday we'd be celebrating together in years. To say that I was excited would be an understatement. My foot was thumping as I glanced out the window of the car. Anthony was driving and wanted to take me out, but not something for my birthday, or at least I didn't think so. He didn't tell me to dress nice or anything but maybe we were doing something low key.

Hell, I had no clue.

"So, is it just me or are we heading towards the mall?"

"We are," he told me matter-of-factly.

"You know if you are trying to tell me that I need new clothes there are other ways to do it."

"I'm trying to do something in plans for your birthday."

"So you do have plans for my birthday?"

"Of course," he chuckled. "I lost count of how many times you were dropping hints."

"Well, I wasn't sure if you were picking up on them. And by the way none of the hints included new clothes."

"I know. Although I never said that I would take your hint."

I grinned. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

When we entered the mall Anthony stopped and turned in front of me, placing his hands on both of my shoulders. "Now, here's the deal. I'm aware that you have plenty of clothes but I think everyone deserves new clothes for their birthday."

"Like a nice outfit for a fancy dinner?"

"Something like that."

"Don't you want to be surprised for what I wear?"

"Yeah, so that's why I brought in reinforcements."

Someone wrapped their hands around my waist. They were definitely feminine with nails painted a light lavender. "Who?"

I was spun around and was face to face with Morgan. She was sorting a flowy white tank and some yoga capris. I squeaked as she pulled me into a hug. "Your here!"

"I am."

"Did Anthony put you up to this?"

"He did."

My phone buzzed and I pulled out out to see that Anthony texted me.

I'm going to give you girls some time to catch up and shop. I put my credit card in your wallet this morning so put it to some use! Morgan knows what you need.

I sent him back a text letting know that I would let him know when we were done so he could come and get us seeing as he has the keys to his truck.

"So, how've you been?" I asked her.

Morgan sighed. "Morning sickness sucks balls but from what mom tells me it seems like she had it worse than I do."

"You told her?"

She nodded. "I needed her advice on wether or not I should keep the baby. I had some doubt that I could raise it on my own."

"So did you tell Cory?"

"I did once I started getting sick. He asked if he was the father and when I couldn't answer he knew..."

"I'm sorry."

"He left right after that."

I pulled her into a hug. "You know that I'm here for you. I may not live where you do but I'm only a plane ticket away."