Chapter 7

Minnie: He seems to be dead.

Venom Girl: Good for us.

The sun is so warm that it burns through Minnie's thin, blue jacket. She breezes herself with the hand.

- It's so warm!

Venom Girl: I'm sweaty. It seems like both of us can't stand the heat.

Minnie sits on a bench outside of the hospital and falls asleep. She is starting to believe that the thief was collaborating with Carlton Drake and the doctor to remove Venom Girl from her. She can see it in her dream.

The thief calls Carlton Drake. He answers.

- Hey, who is it?

- I want to partner up with you. If we remove Venom Girl from Minnie Brock, we can be the mightiest people on earth. I have elaborated a black mud at my house, and anyone who touches it, gets powerful. How about that?

- Yeah, of course. Where is she?

The thief is thinking. After a while, he answers.

- She fell asleep in the park.

- Okay. I'll search her up.

Carlton drives to the park. He carries Minnie to the backseat of the car, drives to the hospital and puts her in a bed. The doctor comes, takes sleeping pills out of his pocket and gives Minnie a sleeping pill, so she continues sleeping.

Minnie opens her eyes. She goes up from the bench, outside of the hospital.

- I know how they found me.

Venom Girl: Me too. I can read your thoughts.

- Now, it's time to catch the thief.

Venom Girl slinks out of Minnie.

- I have an idea. We can try to remove his hypnotising ability. If we do, he can't hypnotize anyone.

- Good idea! Can you do it from here, now that you're so powerful?

- I can try.

Venom Girl closes her eyes and tries to remove the ability from the thief. But it doesn't work. She sighs.

- It doesn't seem to work.

- What...? Why?

- Because he has the same powers as me.

- Oh no... you can't do anything with his abilities because you have the same power. But what if he hypnotizes everyone on the whole earth?

- I don't think he can. But he may hypnotize many.

Minnie sighs. Venom Girl sighs too, and slinks into Minnie again.

The next day, Minnie is on her way to the library when it starts to rain pillows. She runs through the park with her hands on her head. But something else falls to the ground in the park. Stuffed animals fall to the ground. Minnie loves animals, and thinks that they're real, so she starts to hold for her eyes.

- Oh no... why is the thief doing this? I hate to see animals die!

Venom Girl: Take a closer look at them.

Minnie goes to a gray cat. It doesn't look alive, and when Minnie touches the cat, it's hard like a stone.

Venom Girl: It's stuffed animals. Pillows and stuffed animals... The thief is trying to give us a warning! He wants to give everyone sleeping pills, kill us and stuff us like stuffed animals.

Minnie: That's horrible!

Minnie shakes her head, slowly. She's full of anger.

- I wonder what he's up to now.

- Me too. An ordinary thief that turns out like that... Is it because he got so mad when I pushed him into the thorn bushes?

Minnie shrugs her shoulders, confused of the thought that Venom Girl could be the one that made the thief so dangerous.

- Maybe...

Venom Girl: I think I know where he is. I'll control your footsteps to the place, cuz you don't know where it is.

Minnie starts to run, with the help of Venom Girl. When she arrives to the place, she sees exactly the thing that Venom Girl talked about: "He's going to give everyone sleeping pills."

She has to do something about it.
The sleeping pills look like Belgian chocolate from chocolate boxes. The thief is standing in front of a room with a sign on the door: "FUN". She sees two girls that are walking like controlled zombies towards the room.

- Is he locking the poor people into that room? I can't let it happen. But what should I do? I can't talk, cuz if I do, the thief can hear me. Venom Girl, come up with something.

Venom Girl: You should wait until everyone is sleeping, then I'll shoot him with my inbuilt gun, so he falls to the ground in slow motion, with violin players playing dramatic music around him.

Minnie sighs and rolls her eyes.

- No...

- Okay, is this a better idea? I, Venom Girl, go to him, holding a bomb in my hands, that is set to explode in ten seconds. He yells: "I'll never commit crimes again, I PROMISE!", and everyone claps their hands for me. I'll turn off the bomb and bow in front of them, proud and satisfied.

- You're so self-centered...

- What about this? You shoot him, hidden behind a bush. Everybody cheers and you run to the center of the scene and wave to everyone, happier than ever.

- No! That doesn't...

Minnie remembers that she can't talk loud in this situation, so she holds for her mouth and looks at the thief and the people, to see if anyone heard her or not. The thief glares at her. Minnie looks stunned.

- What is the thief going to do now? If he is going to make me swallow a sleeping pill, I'm already dead.

Venom Girl: Don't think like that! You're Minnie Brock, the daughter of Eddie Brock. And you have me, Venom Girl, inside you, which makes you even more powerful.
If he tries to give you a sleeping pill, you will become Venom Girl to save yourself.

Minnie nods. The thief approaches her.

- You're the girl that confronted me in the park. Are you going to spy on me now too? Stop spying and have fun instead.

- That's exactly what Venom Girl told you. "Have fun."