We Will Meet Again

For the next two days, I then had my priorities sorted. These included my audition call-back (which I had been working on in those past two days), and my presentation, leaving my show material and a written assignment on the side, but touched upon them occasionally. Then it came. Two days in which I know will be the hardest, saying goodbye to my lecturer and auditioning for possibly the next stage of my life. I knew it would be hard, as I did shed a tear or two, but I know I'll make him proud. Shortly after I entered the audition room...

Moments after the audition, I felt relieved. Yes I may have stumbled abit, but I know that I did my best. Then I got out my to do list and looked through it.

"Well? What are you going to do next?" Hayley asked, unexpectedly.

I smiled, "I know exactly what I'm going to do next." I got out my phone, and messaged the group, knowing that these next two weeks are important to me, and started doing my work on my laptop. Hayley looked on, proud.

Just over a week later, and it was VE Day. 75 years since World War 2 ended. A lot has happened between my audition and now in that short amount of time. A six-week-old baby reportedly passed away, airport companies were at risk of closing for good, and the PM announced to be cautious that we do not 'risk a second spike'. However, some good news has come out of it. Captain Tom Moore celebrated his 100th Birthday, which left the country was in awe as he walked 100 laps of his garden to raise money for the NHS, the target for having 100,000 tests a day has been met, and every Thursday, everyone stepped on our doorsteps to clap for the NHS for all their hard work. But the most magical thing of all, was that at the end of VE Day, where The Queen made a special speech on this special occasion. It ended with Katherine Jenkins and the nation singing "We'll Meet Again" once by the legend that is Dame Vera Lynn, and that's what hit me the most.

From that day forward, my world was different. For now...