A Night We Will Remember Forever ≫ Stonefur x Female! Reader

Art: heropaws

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• None

****

It was a peaceful evening in RiverClan. You were laying under a willow tree, munching on a trout while listening to the soft conversations between your clanmates and the crickets.
You were eating alone, as usual. You didn't mind, though; you loved your clanmates, but you had always liked the peace and quiet of solitude.
"What's this? A pretty she-cat eating alone?"
You smiled at the familiar voice, looking up into the stunning blue eyes of your best friend, Stonefur.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" You purred, quirking an eyebrow.
"I like to be alone."
The handsome gray deputy smirked, then crouched down beside you and nudged you to your paws.
You felt your ears heat up at the feeling of his muscular body pressed against yours and his familiar musty scent wreathing around you.

"Well, not tonight." He purred, flicking your ear with his tail-tip.
"I know this really cool spot by Fourtrees. I thought you might want to see it?"

He gazed at you hopefully, and you couldn't help but to laugh at his kit-like desperation.
"Alright, you big lump. Let's go."

Stonefur smirked, then turned and started sprinting across the clearing.
"Last one to Fourtrees is crowfood!" He yowled over his shoulder as he disappeared into the fern barrier.

"Hey!" You laughed, springing to your paws and racing after him. "No fair!"
You burst through the ferns just in time to see Stonefur charging down the riverside, his blue eyes lit up with excitement.

"Catch me if you can, slow-slug!" He taunted playfully, turning his gaze forward again with a hearty laugh.
Don't mind if I do!
You took off at full speed, dodging rocks and tangles of matted-down cattails, keeping your companion's stone-gray tail in your view.
Stonefur suddenly took a hard right, and you came stumbling to a messy halt.
You stood in front of the thicket of willows where he disappeared, your chest heaving.
"Where have you gone now?" You called, pretending to be irritated. "Don't you realize not everyone is as fast and good-looking as you?" It was a joke, of course. Except, not really.
You began padding into the lush white thicket, tasting the air for your friend's scent.
You could smell all sorts of wonderful things; water lilies, cool water, and a tang of lilac.
Where has he gone? You thought, genuinely confused. Stonefur has never been one for—
"AHG!"
You let out a yowl as Stonefur leaped out of nowhere, tackling you backwards and sending you both tumbling down a grassy slope.
You landed with a soft thump at the bottom, both of you out of breath and laughing hysterically.

"What was that about me being handsome?" Stonefur meowed, looking into your eyes from on top of you and wiggling his eyebrows.
You snorted, slapping him across the muzzle with your paw.
He rolled off of you laughing even harder, causing his voice to echo.

"You know you love it when I tease you," He purred, stepped back to allow you to scramble back to your paws. "You just can't resist these rippling, flawless muscles." He sank his claws hard into the ground, showing off the lean muscles in his shoulders, chest, and forelegs.

You turned away to hide your reddening nose, huffing. "At least I'm not trailing after you like a lost kit."

Stonefur chuckled, padding up to your side and nudging your shoulder. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

You rolled your eyes. "It means that I'm fully aware of the fact that you follow me literally everywhere."

"Yeah, so what?" Your friend replied, his nose turning a darker shade of pink. "That's just me trying to tell you that I—"

"Oh my StarClan," You breathed, suddenly becoming aware of the scenery around you. "It's beautiful, Stonefur..."
You were standing in a stone hollow, surrounded by willow trees on all sides, concealing you from the outside world. A waterfall resided at the other end, it's sparkling water flowing smoothly into a perfect circle of a pond, tinted purple and pink by the dying sunlight shining through the lush lilac bushes. A large, flat stone sat dead-center in the mystical pond underneath the only opening in the willow canopy, it's surface beginning to glow in the moonlight.
You were so awestruck by the scenery that you didn't notice Stonefur pad up beside you.

He gently touched the tip of his tail with yours, turning to look at you with a soft smile.
"I knew you would like it. Aren't you glad you came out here?"

"Yes," You whispered, turning to look at him. "Oh Stonefur, thank you so much!"
He chuckled, then nudged you once again before padding over to the water's edge and turned back to you and jerked his muzzle.
You obliged, following him and watching as he crossed the smaller stones that you hadn't noticed earlier, then stepped onto the flat stone in the middle of the water.
You rolled your eyes, a smile spreading across your muzzle.
What a cheeky fox.
You made your way over to Stonefur, leaping up beside him.
"So." You meowed, smirking coyly. "Why did you want me to come here, Stonefur?"
As if you didn't already know the answer. The handsome deputy had been courting you for moons.

"I was just thinking, y'know?" He began, shuffling his paws like an awkward apprentice.
"About us. (Y/N), I... We have known each other for so long, and every day, I..." He trailed off, apprehension glistening in his stunning blue orbs.
You gazed at him gently, silently willing him to continue with a reassuring nod.
He collected himself with a soft sigh, then chuckled nervously.
"(Y/N), I fall undeniably more in love with you every single day." He paused, then reached underneath him, scooting something towards you with a paw. Upon closer inspection, you realized it was a shiny (f/C) pebble, it's surface shining in the moonlight.
You felt tears spring to your eyes, and you looked back up at Stonefur with a sound in between a gasp and a laugh.
Stonefur smiled sheepishly. "(Y/N), will you be my mate?"

"Yes!" You squealed, leaping forward and tackling him into an embrace.
"Oh Stonefur, there's nothing I've ever wanted more!"

Stonefur purred, tears brimming in his blue eyes as the moon began to shine down on you both.
"You're the most beautiful she-cat in the forest," Ge whispered, stroking the side of your face with a paw.
"I can't believe how lucky I am. Thank you, (Y/N)."
You gazed down at him, carefully studying each of his perfect features. It wasn't just he who was the luckiest cat in the forest.

"I'll never be lonesome again," You whispered, leaning down and touching your nose to his.
"I'm undeniably in love with you, Stonefur."
As you both curled up in each other's embrace, you knew you were safe.
Thank you, StarClan. You thought as you drifted off into sleep.

****

I couldn't think of any long and complicated plots, so I just decided to write something simple and sweet.
I hope you liked it!