Five

Thirty minutes later Jen and I sat on the floor of the living room with our plates of lasagna as we continued to sort through the totes of toddler clothes. I had found the pump Jess had mentioned first thing, and did as she said. Then I gave the instructions to Jen made her read them as I platted the food. Eric sat next to Jen and was propped up on a nursing ring as he chewed happily on the teething ring we'd found with the pump. Why the hell did Jess keep most of this stuff anyways? She apparently also just grabbed whatever she knew that held the baby stuff because a lot of Angie's things were strewn into a pile on their own. I knew they were Angie's only because of all the copy's of the baby pictures I have of the twins. I took another bite of my lasagna before tossing some team jersey into the hell no pile as Jen kept trying not to laugh every time I did. "Do you not like the Dallas cowboys or something?"

"Nope, I just hate the retard who sired the twins." This time I got her to laugh. Eric stopped teething as he glanced up at he her and tilted his head as he listened. I watched him watch her curiously as his eyes focused around her. His eyes glowing slightly as he did. He probably hadn't seen her express true amusement or maybe even real joy before. Hatchlings always read the essence of their parents to gage their surroundings. As they grow, they're taught that it was rude to read one's essence without permission, or there being an absolute need to read it. Even if they continued to read one's essence; they learned how to hide doing so. As Jen caught her breath and wiped a tear away, Eric reached over to tug at her shirt. She cooed down at him and leaned in to rub her nose against his before coaxing him to teeth again. She was a good mom, and her parents would never get to know that. I barely knew her and even I could see that she was more then the single mistake she made. So she got pregnant, it's a two percent chance that could have happened with protection. It didn't mean she still wasn't the 4.0 GPA head cheerleader, and beloved popular girl that she was. In fact, I'm sure having Eric gave her new meaning in life besides being the pretty doll her parents wanted her to be.

I will never understand Parent's that threw out their kids just because they simply didn't follow the mold they wanted them too. Jennifer Devman was a sweetheart raised by callus parents who where so clouded by their greed and selfishness to be affected by her calming omega traits anymore. Human or not, omegas are to be treasured. "Dante? Is everything alright?" Jen asked.

Realizing I had spaced off, I gave her a sheepish grin. "Sorry, lost in thought. What's your favorite so far?" I asked while gesturing to the piles around us.

"Ummm, maybe that pile?" She said as she gestured to the hell no pile.

"We'll, now I know you've been raised by imbeciles." I said with a shake of my head.

She giggled then pointed to the pile with mostly neutral tones and cute characters. "In all honesty that pile for sure. Those would definitely fit Eric for a while. The rest can be re-packed and given back."

"All except the items pile, you're keeping those items and you'll be using that pump so you can stock up on breast milk for babysitters or whoever looks after him while your doing school or after school work. Got it."

"I hate having to rely on you, you barely know me."

"Would Jace be doing the same thing as I if he could?"

She sighed. "Yeah, yeah he would. Even if he had to sneak around to do it he would."

"Then stop trying to do everything yourself, you've done enough and now it's time to rely on adults that actually care."

"Oaky, I'll try and not be a one man show, but no promises."

I grinned. "That's all I ask."

We spent the next few hours cleaning up the mess we made and cracked through a few loads in the washer and dryer. Jess really did think of everything, Jen had mentioned that Eric had a particular dislike for any detergent with a strong scent so she was pleasantly surprised to find Jess had added a small assortment of soft scented detergents for sensitive skin and baby's. I myself didn't use strong scented stuff either do to the supernatural community I dealt with almost on a daily basis, so she was doubly pleased to find things she could use for herself that Eric wouldn't react too. Angie had a sensitive nose while Andy had sensitive skin so Jess planned for either scenario. Man that woman needed an award. I didn't even think of that. It completely slipped my mind.