I. Fresh Start

It's been a year since the love of my life decided to break my heart, to completely ruin my not so perfect life. Elliot Murphy. My first boyfriend. My bestfriend since we are about 8 years old.

We share secrets together. We go to parties together with my other bestfriend, Avery. We hung out almost everyday until our sophomore year in high school. I always had a big crush on Elliot and only Avery knows about it. It was a big secret until Elliot overheared my conversation with Avery. That started everything.

"So are you going to tell Elliot?" Avery raises her perfectly shaped eyebrows with a smirk plastered on her pretty face.

"No. How many times do I have to tell you that I am not going to confess my feelings for him. I like him but he's my bestfriend, we can't be more than that." I can no longer remember about how many times Avery convinced me to confess my feelings for Elliot. I just can't do it because it will just ruin our friendship.

"Whatever missy. I'm just trying to help, y'know."

I don't even have a clue why I managed Avery's annoying attitude but I love her and she's like a sister to me so that's fine.

Avery's very pretty. With her long blonde crowning glory that stops at her waist. Sunkissed skin, long legs, fit body. Her oceanic blue eyes and full lips. This girl is gorgeous.

I decided to go downstairs to check on Elliot because he's busy helping my brother with his car. Just when I opened the door I saw a sweaty shirtless Elliot with a big grin on his face showing his perfect white teeth. My eyebrows started to rise and I was bloody confuse at the moment.

"I like you too Saunders. Ever since."

Then I snap back into reality that he is gone and he is no longer here. He broke my heart. He ruined everything that we had. I trusted him, my family trusted him but he still decided to play with my feelings.

"Lauren sweetheart, we're moving to bradford." What? Is my mom joking? God please say yes. Please.

"What? Start packing already. We're leaving in three days love. I'm sorry for telling you late." Damn it. Damn it. Why? It's going to be very difficult for me. Adjusting in a new place. I've never been out of the country before, damn. Meeting new people. I cannot. It's going to be real hard for me.

My life is here. In California. This is where I belong. My bestfriend is here. Avery.

Yeah, Elliot and his family moved to Australia months after our break up. Maybe it's better to move to Bradford as well. I'm kinda approachable and maybe I can easily make new friends but it's going to be a slow process but i'll just look at the bright side.

Well, new life for me I guess.

The last two days went fast. I mostly spent it with Avery. We promised each other to talk everyday and when we finish our studies we'll go on a vacation together. I am so gonna miss my main bitch.

Now is the day that we're flying to Bradford. My Dad's work requires us to move to places everynow and then. I thought when we moved here in California, we'll stay here for good but yeah I guess I was wrong.

The whole ride was really quiet. All I did was sleep, listen to music, watch a movie. I was thinking about my life in California. It was good. Really good but then there came Elliot breaking my heart into tiny little pieces. Now, I don't even believe in love. I never dated anyone before and Elliot ruined my thoughts about love. It just hurts and only ruined me.

As we reach Bradford, we then drove to our new house. It's nice. A two storey house with four bedrooms. The interior of the house is classy. Creme painted walls, the furnitures are new and some are somewhat vintage. Feels like home actually. My new home.