Thorn in his side

Eddie waited as Julie was leaving cheer practice. She smiled seeing him, she waved bye to Chrissy as she walked over. 
"So who'd you steal this from?"
He rolled his eyes giving a small smile, 
"Oh you know some rich douche a few blocks down.... so where are we going?"
"I'll just tell you directions, it's a surprise." 
He opened the door for her closing it after she got in and comfortable. Eddie started the car and began driving off. The two hit a turn in the road before the car sputtered and stalled. 
"Come on not now."
He pulled over trying to start it, the key wasn't working. Julie watched as he tried hotwiring it hoping it would start. A few minutes passed and she began to chuckle. 
"What's so funny Harrington?"
She smirked grabbing her duffle bag. 
"Hot wiring won't help."
"Just trust me, let me save the day princess." 
She blushed at the name before grabbing some tools and staring. He huffed as it still wouldn't start. 
"Goddamnit!"
He looked at her, "Don't look so smug."
"You can Hotwire a car but don't know how to make her engine purr do ya Munson? Let me look."
She winked at him as she spoke. He pulled his hair in front of his face smirking a smidge. 
"Flirting? You know, you are a real thorn in my side... but go ahead."
"A rose pun? Haven't heard that one before."
She blew him a smug kiss as she got out, he popped the hood as she took a look.
"Oh! there's the issue." 
She threw off her Cheer jacket and began working. After a while she shut the hood. 
"Try it now"
He tried starting the car, the engine purred as the car came alive. Julie hopped into the car with her things. 
"How-"
"My dad left his journal, so I learned a thing or two, we must've hit a bump hard enough to knock off a wire. It's fine... now the next right please."
She buckled up as he drove off a smile only growing on his face.

The drive was relaxing, wind in their faces. He looked over at her, she had a blank expression.
"So uh.... what exactly does your dad do now? I mean he was a huge mechanic here then disappeared."
She looked at the road ahead of them, 
"Turn here... and uh, he's still a mechanic." 
She fiddled with her hair as they neared the spot. Looking around she tapped his arm happily.
"We're here!"