Chapter 1. A Sunday afternoon

"So why exactly did you bring me to a coffee shop?" Hayden said as Victoria swung open the heavy wooden door. "Because, I wanted to go somewhere other than the same place we go all the time. You do know its not healthy to eat burgers and fries everyday.

" Victoria said looking up at Hayden's expression, he was smiling with a big smirk over his lips as he rolled his eyes. "Hey!  I cant help it if they sell the best burgers in all of New York." Hayden had said as they now entered the shop.

The two had slowly scanned the area before seeing two open spots on the brown leather couches next to the window. Once sat, Hayden had offered to go up and grab both of them a coffee "Just your regular for today?" Hayden asked turning his face to Victoria who was perched on the side of the couch. "Yes, thanks." She said smiling contently at Hayden who had turned and was now walking away to the counter to order.

 Victoria had sat twirling her hair in waiting when suddenly her phone started to vibrate in her back pocket. BUZZ... BUZZ. " Who could that be?" she wondered pulling her phone out. It was Amy, Victoria pressed the answer button but before she had time to put it up to her ear she could already hear Amy talking.

 "HEYYY!, where you at?" Amy said in her usual outgoing voice. "I'm at Lily's Coffee Shop, with Hayden" she said "Why what's up?" Amy took a second before soon saying "Date with the boyfriend, huh?" Victoria quickly fired back. "He is NOT my boyfriend, he's more like a brother, you know that."  she brushed the fallen pieces of her black hair behind her ear. Amy soon took in a sigh "Well anyways have fun!" and hung up the phone.

As Victoria took the phone from her ear in confusion she noticed that Hayden had been walking over with two steaming mugs in his hands, he sat next to Victoria and handed  her the coffee. "Who was that?" he asked, "It was Amy, calling to see what I was doing per usual." Victoria said giggling under her breath. 

Hayden looked down at his coffee, blew on it, and then took a sip. "Ahh refreshing." he said leaning back onto the couch. Victoria glanced out the glass  window and saw the dark, ominous clouds approaching. "Hmm, it didn't call for rain today did it?" Hayden bounced up almost spilling his coffee as he looked out the window "shit!" he said in a panic, he got up set his coffee on the table and faced to look at Victoria "I'm really sorry Victoria but I forgot my base outside in the backyard and it cant get wet" Victoria looked surprised "its all good she said we can hangout sometime again this week, Go head home and save your guitar" she said.

 Hayden looked out the window and down at Victoria once again "Ok, will do" He said as he raced out the front doors of the coffee shop.

Victoria slowly drank the rest of her coffee as she scrolled thru Instagram on her phone. "Well I guess I should be headed home soon She thought. And with that she returned the mugs up to counter and left the coffee shop. 

Victoria was about half way home before it started to pour rain. By the time she finally made it to her house, she was soaked. She quickly got inside took two towels out of the closet and hoped into the shower to warm herself up. 

As she got out of the shower and got changed into a hoodie and sweats she walked out into the living room and sat down in front of the tv, her mother had been away at work until late at night so Victoria usually had the house to her self a lot of the time, but Victoria didn't mind. her father was absent most of her life so she was used to cooking for herself and making just enough for her mother when she got home. 

Victoria had made some salad that night and as she sat at the table she could hear the taping of the rain outside the window "wow so quiet" she thought to herself. As she finished her dinner got up and put her dishes into the sink. Victoria then got ready for bed plugged her phone in, And nuzzled herself into her blanket and not long after was she asleep, but little did she know her whole world was going to change after that day.