Chapter 2. The boy with blonde hair.

It was a sunny afternoon, the air was warm and humid and Victoria had just woken up from her sleep. She pushed herself up from her bed, rubbed her eyes and brushed her matted hair from her face.

 She rose up and walked groggily down the long dark hallway towards the washroom, flicked on the light and stared at her reflection in the mirror for a few seconds before bending down to grab her hairbrush out of the drawer.

 "Ouch" she grimaced brushing out the knots from her long curly hair, an inheritance  from her mother,  she was often complimented about it but got frustrated with how easily knotted it would get.

 She usually wore her hair down, and rarely had it up, Sometimes on the odd bad hair day it would be in a bun but she didn't like the hassle of trying to style it every morning.

 Afterwards, she went to the closet to grab a facecloth to clean the oil that had developed during her sleep.  She turned on the water, dampened it and began to wash her face. "That's better" she said, now heading back to her bedroom to get ready.

Victoria had thrown on a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey tank top before heading in to town to meet up with Hayden.  As Victoria walked out the front door she could feel the warm humid air brush against her, it was one of the warmest days of the summer and it would be the last normal day for Victoria Wolfe.

Hayden was sitting patiently waiting for the arrival of Victoria when he glanced across the restaurant and caught eyes with a man, he was wearing all black and had hair the colour of straw. 

Hayden quickly turned his attention to Victoria who had just walked in the door, "wow its a hot one out there" Victoria said after sitting down in the open spot across from Hayden. "My Type of weather" said Hayden chuckling.

Victoria and Hayden had know each other for a very long time, they first met in grade 4 and since then they've been in an inseparable friendship, Hayden had curly chocolate brown hair and bright hazel eyes, he was tall and somewhat muscular and he was a big nerd.

 He would constantly talk about new Sci-fi movies that were coming out or how he was going to develop his own band. Victoria liked being friends with Hayden because he wasn't one to judge, he always knew how to comfort her, and make her laugh by telling her cheesy dad jokes.

As they were being served there food Victoria thanked the waiter and looked up at Hayden. "What's wrong?" Victoria said noticing that Hayden's attention was focused on something behind her, she turned her head and saw the man with the blonde hair, starring at the two of them.

"Do you know that guy?" Hayden said quietly moving his face then eyes to face Victoria, "No I don't, but its weird he is just staring at us" Hayden had picked up his fork and looked down at his food. "I noticed him when you first got here, but its weird that none of the waiters have gone over to him yet", Victoria nodded her head "Odd" she said before digging her knife into her garden salad.

The two had finished there lunches. "maybe we should ask the waiter when she comes by and see if she's seen that guy before" Hayden said, Victoria got up from her seat, nodded, then excused herself to use the washroom. 

When she got back Hayden had gave her bag to her, "wait we haven't paid" Victoria said, Hayden glanced down at her and said "I paid for our meal when you were in the washroom, my treat" he added. 

They had left the restaurant and were headed downtown to check out a new book Victoria had mentioned while they were eating, "so what did the waiter say about that guy?" Victoria asked "She said she's never seen him before, but when one of the girls asked to take his order he didnt want anything" Victoria took in a breath "that's even more weird" she said cutting in front of Hayden to make room for the oncoming walkers.

As Hayden watched Victoria look thru the book store  he couldn't shake the feeling that they were being watched, he looked around but couldn't find anyone looking back at him so he returned back to Victoria.

"did you find your book yet?" Victoria was bent down looking at the bottom of the book shelf when she quickly turned her head and reached for a book, "Yuppers" she said gradually standing up to go and pay.

The two had left the store and now were headed back to Hayden's place, it was later In the afternoon now and the weather was still very humid and groggy. Victoria could feel the sweat starting to develop on her back and the nape of her neck, As she reached into her bag to grab a clip to tie her hair up she bumped into a person.

She apologizing and fixed herself up, but in that time had lost sight of where Hayden had walked off to, Just as Victoria was going to call him she was grabbed from her waist and was pulled quickly into an alleyway, she wasn't able to scream because whoever had pulled her was pressing their hand over her mouth. As she turned to see who it was she almost chocked.