Nineteen

❌The incident is referenced in Orion's POV, plus a slight panic attack. But please do not worry I swear this is a happy chapter❌

Orion's POV:
----

I hadn't seen Jorgeous since we got back from dinner, and I was trying not to be clingy and overbearing. Even though I was kind of clingy. I sighed and distracted myself by stitching up a rip in Steven's fur, finding it incredibly hard not to text her to ask when she was coming back.

There was a gentle knock on my door, Alyssa's voice following soon after. "Ry?"

I tilted my head and moved Steven to the side, really hoping Jorgeous would be with Alyssa. I opened the door only to find her alone, a nervous look on her face. "...Is something wrong?" I asked her quietly, hoping there wasn't something bad happening.

Alyssa took a deep breath before answering. "I need you to come with me..." She said slowly. "Please?"

I stared at her, glancing down at her hand that she had held out. I shook my head. "I don't wanna go to any social events tonight, 'Lyssa..." I said quietly, looking down at my hands.

Alyssa sighed before stepping in, closing the door behind her. "It's not an event or anything. It's just..." She trailed off. "It's just something small. Come on, let's get your jacket."

I huffed, not understanding why she was so insistent. "Not until you tell me where we're going. I'm not going anywhere if Jorgeous isn't there with me."

Alyssa grabbed my jacket, turning back to me. "Jorgeous is there. I swear. You'll be perfectly fine, Orion."

I still didn't believe her. Because she wasn't telling me where my wife was. She handed me my jacket and I went to question her about it until seeing her pick up my camera bag. I froze up, slowly starting to put the pieces together. "Alyssa no..."

She looked up at me, and her expression turned sympathetic once she realized I knew exactly where she was trying to bring me to. "Orion it's okay, I swear..."

I shook my head quickly, feeling tears start to form in my eyes at just the thought of going up there. "N-No, you can't make me..." I whimpered out, feeling absolutely terrified. "Please don't make me..."

"Sweet Orion, I promise you it's okay..." Alyssa's voice was gentle, but did little to calm me. "You don't need to be up there for long, just let me show you something at least and then-"

"No!" I accidentally shouted, feeling the tears spill down my face and my heart start pounding in my chest. "A-Alyssa no! Please don't make me! Please please please don't make me-"

I couldn't go up there. It made me feel awful. It was like reliving everything and I wasn't ready to put myself through that. I backed up onto my bed, pulling my knees up to my chest and sniffling quietly. I hated crying. I hated feeling vulnerable. "Alyssa please don't..."

Alyssa was silent before letting out a quiet sigh. "You really know how to break my heart, Ry..." She sat down beside me, and I glanced up at her. "I'm not gonna make you do anything, okay?"

I rubbed my eyes, finding my hands shaking. "Y-You're not...?"

"No, no I'm not." Alyssa reached one of her hands out. "But do you think I'd really put you in harm's way?"

I stared at her hand, not taking it just yet. I bit my lip to keep it from quivering and shook my head a little. "N-No..."

"Exactly, I'd never let you get hurt." Alyssa said softly, keeping her hand out. "I promise, it'll be okay. Jorgeous is waiting for you, but if you really don't want to go you don't have to."