Bad With Names - 🥀

Karlnap
(Karl comes back from his trip through the maze with another mind fuck of new information and people. On top of that, he still has a fiancé with a strangely familiar face.)

The brunette sighs. That one was...wow. Don't get him wrong, the first half was fun, but still, very fucked. And so much to remember, not to mention. Before closing diary number...fuck if he knows, he wanted to keep a good tab on who he could trust on this god forsaken server. There. Everyone in Kinoko and some others. So not a lot.

Huh. He could've sworn there were some others. Maybe one more? It was on the tip of his tongue. They...they probably weren't important anyways. He thinks. Shit how long was he gone-

Sprinting out of his library, he nearly throws himself off the balcony looking for him. Him? Um, who is him? Name, name, remember his name. S, something, probably. He'll know once he gets down there.

There he is, pacing around the tree. Karl rushed down the stairs and damn near tackled him. "Karl!" The man exclaimed, kissing his face. "Gods, where have you been? I was so worried!" There were dried tears on his cheeks, he was probably crying. Shit. "I'm so sorry, darling. I was in my library all day. I completely lost track of the time." Karl desperately studied his face. Who was he?

He had the face of so many he's seen before. He wasn't the first. Definitely wasn't the first. Uh- shit. Nothing worth not trying. "It's alright. I'm just glad you're okay." The man of supposedly no name kissed his temple. Such a charming fellow. "I didn't waste the whole day away, did I? Look, the sun's still out, we can still hang." He smiles, the man smiles back. "Yeah, I guess you're right. You wanna go annoy George?" The man softly grabs his hands. Karl looks down at the rough calloused hands, "Sure, James."

He still remembers the ball. He still remembers James. So sweet and sad. Such a gentleman. As awkward as he seemed, he was so charming and witty in his own way. It was adorable and-

"James?"

"Hm?" Karl's eyes snap back up to the other. "Y- you called me James. My name's Sapnap, babe." Sapnap?

Sapnap.

Sapnap! He knew it started with an S!

He awkwardly smiled, "Yeah, yeah no, pff, I knew that." Nailed it. "Yeahh, you probably need to stay out of that library for a while." His fiancé, Sapnap, chuckled.
————————
"Hey Rash, I was gonna-"

"That's a new way to say hello."

"Haha. I was gonna go pick cherries because they're now pickable. You wanna come?" His eyes beamed with anticipation. "Yeah sure baby." Rash replied. No. No no no. Not Rash. Karl rejected Rash. Sapnap. Sapnap is who he's talking to, not Rash.

"Hey, you alright?" Sapnap asks, now holding the latter's shoulder. "Uh, yeah R- Sap. I'm good. Just zoned out a bit is all." He smiled, hoping the other didn't catch onto tiny major mistake.

The ravenette furrowed his eyebrows, scanning his fiancé's face. "Mhm." He muttered, not convinced in the slightest.

Oh boy.
———————
"Mason! Mason, love, where's the honking- oh."

"Who's Mason, Karl?"

"No one. Sorry."

"...Okay."

This had gone on for a couple weeks now. Karl disappears in his library for hours at a time, comes back with a new name for his fiancé if he can't remember, and said fiancé only grows more and more suspicious at that fact alone.

It was maddening to not being able to tell him the truth. Who knows what could happen? He could be struck down by the gods for ender's sake! The best thing to do was the hide it the best he could. Even if his dumb heart aches every time he denies the facts.
——————
"We need to talk."
The statement was sudden and terrifying all at the same time. "Yeah? What about?" Karl spit out his fear and prepared to face it. "I think you know, Karl."

Fuck.

"The names, Karl. You keep- you keep calling me them and then correcting yourself as if..."

Fuck.

"Are- are you cheating on me?"

Oh.

Oh shit.

"No! No, of course not! Why would you ever-?"

"Then who the hell are all of these men, Karl?" The blaze had tears beginning to bulb in the corner of his eyes, hair slightly flaring up. Karl tried piecing words together, "I- they- I swear it's not like that, Sap-"

"Gods, you're such a liar. You go into your library for god knows how long, then come out with a new name for me as if you weren't jerking off some random guys you sneak around with. You expect me to believe something else?" Sapnap spat. When Karl said nothing, he scoffed and pushed past him. "Wait where are you going?" Karl asked. "I'm packing my shit and leaving for a while. You obviously don't need me around." Sapnap chuckled.
————————
Karl doesn't see him the next day.

Without him here, he can't remember his name.
————————
It'd been weeks. Karl hasn't slept. He can't even remember who left. He remembers they were the love of his life, nothing else though. He can't remember what they look like, sound like. So instead he just cries. He cries and travels. He cries and travels and fuck this.
————————
Everyone in Kinoko is either on patrol or sleeping. Except Karl. Karl's staring at his ripped up diary. He's staring at his ripped up diary and laughing. He was laughing and it hurt. Why bother crying when he couldn't even remember who the fuck left? The stupid diary or log or whatever wasn't helping him in the slightest so why keep it? He's got others.

There was a knock on his library door, so he answers it. It's a man. He has a look of guilt on his face along with dried tears.

"Karl," he starts, obviously not done crying. "I'm sorry. I- I jumped to conclusions when I really shouldn't have and I swear I didn't mean to walk out on you like that and-"

"I'm sorry," Karl cuts him off, "Do...do I know you?"
——————————
You can tell when I gave up-
Anyways.
A special thanks to @_L0S3R_9 for this request, I rlly appreciate it
There's more on the way including
- Knf sequel
- Probably more incorrect quotes
- Punlish pt 3
- Dreamnap stuffs (bc as much as I love the ship I don't have anything in this book with it-)
- Some drafts of mine
Requests are always open
Thanks for reading!
-Tide Pod
1102 words