chapter 27

Dante decided to do his homework so it didn't appear suspicious. Just as he was finishing his bedroom door opened. Usually he would shout at whoever dare enter without knocking but he saw it was only Emilia.

He smiled and put his work away.
"Hi Em" he greeted, hoping she would talk to him.
She sighed and practically threw herself on his bed.
He smirked at her childish behaviour. "What's up" he asked.
She took out her notebook but stopped before she could write.
"Just been a long day" she told him.
He smiled brightly, she was still talking to him and it was amazing for him.
"Oh yeah? Do you want to tell me about it" he asked.
"No there is nothing much to tell. Oh I spoke to Damon"
Dante nodded "that's great" it was good that she had spoken but he hoped he would have a little longer where she would come to him.
"You say it's great but you don't look happy"
Dante hated how he was thinking, he was being selfish so instead of moping he smiled "I am happy"
"What's wrong" Emilia saw past his lie.
"It's nothing, I know you and Damon have this special bond and now you are talking to him I just worry you are not going to want to talk to me" Dantes eyes widened when he realized what he had just said. He shouldn't have said that. He should have just kept quiet.
"But we made a deal for me to talk to you" Emilia said.

"Yeah and I want to break that deal. I don't want you talking to me because of some deal, I want you to talk to me because you want to" Dante tried not to snap.

"Ok...well I do want too. Sure Damon and I are close but we are close too. Plus your more laid back than Damon, I couldn't exactly walk into his room like I did with you"

Dante smiled "that's true he would only give you a long lecture about etiquette and manners. Oh god and his disapproval look"
Emilia smiled thinking about how accurate Dante was.

"Did I hear a knock? No? Go back out and try again" Dante mimicked Damon

This time Emilia snickered a little. She paused slightly unsure of how Dante would react but he didn't seem like he was about to beat her, he just laughed.

"Dinner is ready" they heard Mason call.

Both siblings calmed down, Emilia put on a some what emotionless facade she was still very nervous around the rest of her family.

Dante saw this and held her hand as they walked down. He was a little dissapointed when she let go just before they entered the dining room but he understood.

"Look how serious he looks" Dante whispered as they sat down next to each other, much to Damon's displeasure. He didn't like Dante near her as he still believed Dante was to blame.

Emilia got out her notebook and wrote
He doesn't look happy does he

Dante snickered "he's glaring at me, fuck sake"

It was hard for Emilia not to laugh but she wouldn't in front of them all.

"He looks irritated that we are talking" Dante whispered.

"Is there something you want to share with the table" Damon asked.

Dante smirked and looked down at the table "it's fine I don't think the table wants to know, do you table"

"Stop messing about" Damon snapped.

Dante was about to continue but his eyes caught Lexi's and a wicked smirk replaced his carefree amused expression.
"Okay, you are right, I'll stop" Dante agreed.

The meal went on, Alesandro hadn't cooked today, Emilia noticed this and she was a little dissapointed. Alesandro went round the table asking his kids how their day was. He made sure to ask Emilia mainly yes or no questions as he was aware writing whilst eating was not something she enjoyed doing.

When he got to Lexi though, that's when things got interesting.

"Alexia how was your day" Alesandro asked.
"It was good thank you"

"That's quite vague Lexi, do anything? Talk to anyone?" Dante asked.

"Obviously, we just went round town" Lexi replied.

"That's great" Damon added.

"Yeah I wish I could have gone out today but I had so much homework and then emails to write to my teachers" Dante said staring at Lexi as he spoke.

"What do your teachers want" Alesandro asked.
"Oh nothing, I thought I'd write to them and keep them updated on the work I'm doing" he again sent Lexi a deadly look

There was no emails that he wrote and Lexi was on edge. Did he know? She convinced herself it was impossible and he just hated her.

Dinner went on for about 5 minutes until Dante decided to speak.

"You know I had a lot of time to myself today and I discovered a few things" he again looked at Lexi.

"What did you discover " mason asked taking a slight interest in his siblings.

"That people aren't always truthful, always a hidden motive"

Damon glared, thinking that Dante was hinting at the Mafia to the twins "that's enough Dante" he quickly tried to shut Dante up but Dante decided to ignore him. "I'm good Damon. It's a school project after all. I was actually wondering, Lexi do you want to help me, I have realized I haven't given you a chance and we are siblings after all, I should have been more welcoming"

"What a brilliant idea" Alesandro said.

Damon rolled his eyes knowing Dante was up to something.

"I have my own homework" Lexi said.

"That's fine it won't take too long" Dante said.

Emilia couldn't help but look down with a sad expression thinking Lexi was about to manipulate Dante and she would loose him.

"I think it would be great to get a insight from someone else's perspective of why people hide things" Dante glared at Lexi as he spoke.

Lexi gulped. Dante knew.