*| 24 |*

We made our way into the woods. Riley and Rick made a fire. I was glad to see them getting along, laughing together. Riley never liked any of the guys I dated, especially Jared. I'm glad Rick was his only exception.

Once we have a fire set up, we sit around it and get cozy. I was still freezing, but I was usually always cold. Even before the world fell.

I sat there, shivering. "Here." Rick says, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around me.

"But you'll be cold." I say.

"As long as your warm, that's all that matters to me." he says, sitting next to me with a smile on his face.

"How hungry are you, scale of one to ten?" he asks.

"15." Carl says.

"A solid 20." Sage says.

Rick laughs. He looks to Rick and Michonne. Michonne says, "28."

Riley says, "Man, I could eat 5 cows."
Rick chuckes. "Yeah... Luna?"
I respond, "I'm not hungry." I can see him frown. I just didn't feel like eating.
"Well, it's been a while. I'm gonna go check the snares." Rick says.
"Can I go with you?" Carl asks.
"Me too." Sage says.
"Well how else are you gonna learn?" Rick asks, smiling at them.
"Hey, you too." Rick says to me. I groan but get up and go with them.
"Behave." I say to Riley and Michonne.
"No promises." Riley sayings, laughing.

As we make our way through the woods, Rick says, "We'll stay another day or two. Get some more rest."

"How are you healing?" I ask him.

"I'm almost there." he says.

"We're close now, right?" Carl asks.

"To Terminus?"

"Yeah." Carl says.

"We are."

"When we get there, are we gonna tell them?" Carl asks.

"Tell them what?" I ask.

"Everything that's happened to us. All the stuff we've done. Are we gonna tell them the truth?" Carl says, looking at me.

To be honest, I didn't know the answer to that question. I look to Rick for guidance.

"We're gonna tell them who we are." Rick says. But who were we now? Who was this new Luna Grimes? Rick Grimes? We were all different now. Nothing would ever be the same.

"But how do you say that? I mean... who are we?" Carl asks.

Sage says, "Yeah... Dad. Who even are we?"

Even the kids didn't know. We were all lost souls, just wondering place from place. I was tired of feeling this way. A walker comes towards us, snarling and making a damn fuss. I was so tired of hearing the same snarls and growls. It was like reliving the same damn nightmare over and over again, except there was no waking up. It was reality.

Carl and Sage draw their weapons. I pull out my knife. Rick touches their hands and gives them a look. He knew I needed to get the anger out. It was my kill.

I slice the blade of my knife into its skull, then pull it out. Now, I just needed ten more to feel better, but this will do. I turn around to face them. They all looked worried, but I gave them a smile to reassure them that I was alright.

"There you go! It's a small one, but it'll do." Rick says, stuffing the bunny into his bag.

Carl and Sage gather next to him. "So, this is just a simple slipknot. Tie one on both ends, then you tighten one side to a branch. Now, you see how the ground here is sort of like a funnel shape?" Rick says, teaching all of us.