Chapter 8 - Sleeping Over ~ Part 1

Paige's POV -

-

Paige tore her gaze away before she said anything else that she might never live down, and instead, finished stirring the batter.

~~

About an hour later, the cupcakes were ready to be eaten.

"Let's watch a movie, shall we?" Sadie suggested, a smile playing on her lips.

"What movie are you suggesting?" Paige asked, excited.

"What about 'High School Musical?'"

"The one with Olivia Rodrigo?!" Paige gasped, barely able to bottle her rapidly rising excitement. Olivia was another one of the people she looked up to. (Well, didn't everyone?)

"Yeah, that one!" Sadie confirmed, stuffing the rest of the blue icing-covered cupcake she was eating into her mouth, and pulling her friend over to the couch in the living room. But not before grabbing a few more desserts on the way for the two of them.

Paige made herself comfortable on the couch, and scooted over to make room for the redhead when she came to sit next to her.

Sadie draped a reddish-colored blanket over them both, and turned on the TV.

"Start over at Season 1." Paige told her as she flipped to the show. Sadie nodded, and obliged.

Feeling a sense of courage, Paige rested her head on her friend's shoulder, causing the rare hair colored girl to tense up for a moment in surprise before she softened, and pulled her closer.

Together, they watched the two most iconic characters, Ricky and Nini make their debut on the screen, and Paige snuck a cupcake to eat.

-
A/N -
Another super short chapter!
May write more later!

- Ally :)