One.

"Why do you always move me right as I get settled?"

Joshua Meyers rolled his eyes, looking at his dear 17 year old daughter. Her eyes dig into his soul, waiting for an answer. He was unaffected by her daring eyes, she tried but knew that she had no control over him.

"Haven, I promise you that this is the last move." Joshua told her, "You never get settled by the way."

"I never get settled because you never let me get settled." Haven huffed, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes that flickered from the normal hazel brown to the pitch black.

"Let's just hope the nightmares wont be so bad tonight. I promise you, this I our last move. I have a great job at the Police Station, there is a great school district." Joshua listed on, putting on his blinker.

Haven looked in the back, seeing 11 year old Faith and 6 year old Cameron Meyers sound asleep. Looking back in the front she watched rain pour down on the wind shield, she rubbed her tired eyes and leaned back.

"I'll try my best to fit in." Haven responded, flicking her fingers and watching charcoal fall on her ripped skinny jeans, "As long as I get to practice."

"The lacrosse team is for boys, so ask the Coach politely please. I don't need a call saying my daughter was expelled for snarky comments." Joshua pleaded.

"Dad, how would I ever let you down?" Her lips curled into a sickly sweet smile.

Joshua didn't even bother to answer, knowing it would only provoke her more. He drove silently into the driveway of their new house and parking, he looked in the back and let a small smile grow on his face. 

"You mind carrying Cameron while I get Faith?" He asked.

"What else do I live for?" She stated, unbuckling and climbing out of the Blue Ford F-150 and opening the back door.

Haven's arms curled around the small boy, lifting him up and carrying him to the front door, kicking the car door shut with the base of her black converse. Walking up to the front door she noticed the blue front door had a window to the side and a peephole. Perfect.

It was only 11:23 PM on a school night, even though her mind screamed of terror, her heart raced with anxiety that reeked off of her body. She was born with the gift of the Devil but had the heart of an Angel. A black feather fell from the tree, a crow cawing at her.

"Shhh," She cooed, waiting for her father to open the front door, "he's sleeping."

"Talking to the birds again?" Joshua chuckled, sliding the golden key into the keyhole and turned it, the small 'click'  let the door swing right open.

"Cameron's room is first door to the left." Joshua informed her.

They carried the small children inside, closing the front door and standing in the corridor filled with UPS and U-Haul boxes, Haven let out a small sigh. She carefully stepped on the staircase, hefting the young boy upstairs and into his brand new room filled with a bed and several boxes marked 'toys'. She laid him gently on his twin bed and covered him in his Star Wars blanket.

"Night, Cameron." She whispered, pressing her lips to his temple and seeing that he was having good dreams, "I love you."

Though he didn't say it back, she saw his love for her in the dream of them running around outside in the front yard. Haven walked out of the room, watching Joshua put Faith to sleep. Faith looked the most like their mother, the soft brown hair and green eyes.

"Where's my room?" Haven asked out of the blue, looking down the hallway.

The wood floors were cold, sending shivers up her legs and goose bumps on her arms. The dark hallway was lit up at the flick of her left pointer finger, the lights turning on. Joshua gave her a kind smile, "Last door on the right. It's all yours."