Chapter 2

(Author P

(Author P.O.V)

As the three walked back to the tribe the flare was still going. As they reached the village all of the people from the tribe was waiting outside. As the kids saw aang they said "Yay! Aang's back!" and ran towards the boy and started to hug him.

Sokka walked forward and said "I knew it." and he soon pointed at Aang and said, "You signaled the fire navy with that flare. You're leading them straight to us, aren't you."

The three and the kids walked toward them and Katara said "Aang didn't do anything. It was an accident" "Yeah, we were on the ship and there was this booby trap and, well, we--we boobied right into it." Aang said as the grandmother shook her head in disappointment and said "Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. And Kasumi, I'm very disappointed in you; you should know better. Now we could all be in danger."

"Don't blame Katara or Kasumi. I brought them there. It was my fault" Aang explained as Sokka said "A-Ha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy! The foreigner is banished from our village."  the kids started to walk away from him and Katara said, "Sokka, you're making a mistake."

"No, I'm keeping my promise to dad. I'm protecting you and Kasumi from threats like him." Sokka said as Katara said "Aang isn't our enemy. Don't you see? Aang's brought is something we haven't had in a long time--fun."

"Fun? We can't fight firebenders with fun!" Sokka yelled as Aang said, "You should try it sometime." "Get out of our village now!!" "Grandmother, please, don't let Sokka do this."

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. And Kasumi you knew you had to train but you didn't listen. I know you forget things very easily but doing this wasn't very smart. Sokka is right. I think it best of the Airbender leaves."

"Fine, then I'm banished, too. So is Kasumi." Katara said as she grabbed Kasumis arm then Aangs arm and started to walk away and Katara said "Come on, Aang, Kasumi, let's go."

They all stopped moving thanks to Sokka holding onto Kasumi's arm saying "Where do you think you're going? Kasumi you know you have training to do to get better at being a swordswoman" "We're leaving to find a waterbender. Aang is taking me to the north pole." "I am? Great!"

"Katara, would you really choose him over your tribe, your own family?" Sokka asked as he loosened his grip on Kasumi's arm as Aang walked to Katara and said "Katara, I don't want to come between you and your family."

Aang walked towards Appa and Katara asked "So you're leaving the South Pole? This is goodbye?" "Thanks for penguin sledding with me. I hope Kasumi enjoyed it." Aang said as Katara asked "Where will you go?" "Guess I'll go back home and look for the Airbenders. Wow. I haven't cleaned my room in 100 years. Not looking forward to that."

Aang then used his skills to float up and landed on Appa's head and said looking at the tribe "It was nice meeting everyone." "Let's see your Bison fly now, Airboy." "Come on, Appa, you can do it. Yip yip."