chapter 9 - crushed

TW: strong language and drugs
_______________________________

After the movie, Patrick drove me home and dropped me off. It was around midnight as I ran to my room.

I opened the door to see Eddie sitting on my bed.

I quickly close it and lock it to look back at Eddie with an upset glare.

"Are you crazy? What are you doing in my room this late!" I whisper yell.

"To see how your date was. And to talk about hellfire." He looked up at me.

"Eddie...it was good, but I can't be in hellfire. I have cheer that I want to actually try hard for now...and a boyfriend I want to spend time with."

He glares at me with a confused face.

"Hellfire just takes up too much time for me Eddie. I'm sorry."

"Boyfriend?" He says as his voice breaks.

I nod.

"Y/n, just the other day you were telling me about how much you hate cheer and all the jocks..."

"I know Eddie and I'm sorry, that was wrong of me, but I changed."

"You changed overnight for some prick who fucks every girl in the party. You can be happy in hellfire."

"Eddie I just can't. No matter what I always want to be your best friend." I smile.

"Best friend?" He slightly lifts up his head.

"Yeah, I mean you bought me my first tattoo and an amazing gift!" I flash him the ring he gave me.

"Sure hope Patrick can do better." He mutters.

I sit down next to him, giving him a dirty look.

"Eddie what the fuck is your problem?"

"Nothing y/n. Goodnight." He says to me before opening and crawling out of the window he came in from. I stare as he walks away, closing it soon after.

Now I haven't known Eddie for long, but he's never been like that with me, he was always so sweet and kind, and now he's pissed off because of hellfire. I'm sorry I have better things to do than play a nerd game I barely even like.

I remove my makeup with some wipes and get in my pajamas. I was tired and all I wanted to do was sleep, I don't want to have to deal with Eddie at school either.

I laid down in my bed and fell asleep.

The next morning, I dress in my usual clothes, with dark eyeliner and a bit of eyeshadow. I put my hair up in a bun.

About an hour later, I drove me and Dustin to school.

As I pulled into the parking lot, Dustin stopped and looked at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"y/n."

"What...?" My face fell straight.

"Never mind, I'll see you later."  He muttered as he stepped out of the car.

I think he knows about Eddie last night.

I got out of the car, and walked inside the school to see Eddie glaring at me from the end of the hall.

I turn and walk into my class, where I sit next to Patrick. The whole class, mainly consisted of me and him passing notes to each other, and talking when we get the chance. He would write cute things like "can't wait to see you" or "I really do like you y/n".

School ended quickly, and Dustin ended staying back for a hellfire campaign.

I went back home and smoked the rest of the weed Eddie gave me.

As much as I didn't want to get involved with him, he was basically ignoring me, especially after doing amazing things for me.

After getting high out of my mind, I walked to my phone and called Patrick. I sat as I listened to the constant ringing. He finally picked up.

"Hey y/n, what's up?"

"Hey Pat, I'm just bored and wanted to talk." I slurred a bit with a smile.

"Oh, well there's a party Friday at Chrissy's, and I'm assuming your coming as my date?"

"Of course Patrick!"

"Great, well I'll talk later, I'm busy at the moment." I heard him grunt a bit before saying our goodbyes and hanging up.

I walked back to my room, and changed into my pajamas before going to bed.

__________________________________
A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated recently, I'm soon going on vacation so with that and 4 of July, it's been very busy and chaotic in my house. I don't know when the next time I'll be updating it, but I promise it won't be long.