Character One

If you were to ask Izuku Midoriya when he thought his life went to shit then he'd tell you it was when he turned four. You see, when Izuku Midoriya was four years old he was diagnosed quirkless. When Izuku Midoriya was four years old, everyone stopped believing he could be a hero. When Izuku Midoriya was four years old, his best friend stopped being so friendly. So yeah, If you were to ask then he'd definitely say when he was four.

Surprisingly if you were to ask Katsuki Bakugou when his life went downhill, he'd also say at age four. Sure at age four Katsuki Bakugou was blessed with a strong quirk, and sure at age four Katsuki Bakugou had been told by everyone that he was destined to be a great hero, but at age four Katsuki Bakugou made a mistake that he'd regret for the rest of his life. At age four Katsuki Bakugou Decided that Izuku Midoriya was now a Useless, worthless, Deku. And Katsuki Bakugou doesn't make friends with Deku's

"Kacchan, leave him alone!" Four year old Izuku yells, blocking the way as small explosions shoot his way.

"This doesn't concern you Deku, but if you insist on being so useless then don't be shocked for what happens next" Kacchan Barks as he shoots more explosions.

And as stubborn as ever, Izu- Deku becomes Kacchans punching bag, taking hits and kicks and explosions. Deku still tries to be a hero even as he cries while being held by Kacchans goons. This is the first of many instances where Deku becomes a toy, something to break.

Almost every day for the next two years, Deku tries to be a hero. Although he gets beat, bruised, bloodied, and broken, Deku Continues to stand up for others and take the blows. And Every Chance he gets, Kacchan mocks him for it. Until at age six when Katsuki Bakugou stops the torment, not because he got caught, but for a much sadder reason.

Deku loves his mom. This is a well known fact. So at age six when Izuku is tasked with running to the corner store a few minutes away to buy some treats, Izuku is eccentric! Little Izuku, money in hand was having a great day as he skips to the store pink cheeked. Izuku was so excited to be trusted to go alone and was even more excited to eat treats with his mom while watching his favorite allmight film!

But as Izuku skips back from the store bag in hand, his bright cheery smile drops. His excitement and pure bliss had vanished as he drops the bag and stares at the sight before him.

Fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances surround his apartment. Black smoke drifts through the air and into his lungs. At age six Izuku can feel the raging heat and can smell the burning wood coming from the raging fire eating away at his apartment.

"Mom." Is all Izuku can think as he pushes through the crowd. "Help! Help! I can't find my mom! Where is my mom!?!" Izuku cries thick fat tears as he tries to find a hero.

" Are you Izuku Midoriya?" A man with a blank face asks.

"Y-yes." Izuku stutters as he continues to cry, fearing for the worse.

"I'm sorry, she didn't make it. Now I need you to come with me" The man states with no sorrow.

The bag that was previously held in Izuku's chubby hand was later thrown in the garbage by a faceless stranger.

From there Everything for the next few days is a blur. Izuku Remembers Responding with one world answers to the police, he remembers gathering the stuff he can salvage from his half burnt room, he remembers walking into a place the police called and orphanage and told him he'd be staying, but above everything Izuku remembers the emptiness he feels. The bone crushing emptiness as he lays in his new bed in the dark. The emptiness he feels as he realizes that he will never see his mom again. The emptiness he feels as he cries and cries and cries until he passes out. The emptiness he will never. Ever. Forget.

At age six Katsuki Bakugou stopped bullying Deku.

As Deku enters the classroom, staring at his feet, all he feels is emptiness. He shuts his eyes as he readies himself for Kacchan's usual harassment but gets nothing.

Deku opens his eyes and looks up to see Kacchan staring out the window with a sad expression. "Huh. Maybe he'll stop for today." Deku thinks and Hope's.

Days go by and people start to bully and harass Deku again. Everyone pokes fun and mocks him, everyone but Kacchan. But Deku doesn't care. Deku doesn't care because all he feels is emptiness.

Weeks pass by in a blur and Izuku's eyes are still deprived of his usual sparkle. Izuku feels as if they're never going to sparkle again. So as Izuku sits on a swing in a public park, the last thing he expects is a spark.

Izuku overhears two kids a few years older talking about heros. Except they're not talking about heros, they're talking about vigilantes.

"Yeah! My dad was saved by a vigilante! I know they're illegal and all, but I still think some of them are heros!" The first kid says with excitement and glee.

"Oh I totally agree. I would definitely become one if they weren't illegal, I mean it's being a hero for people who can't be heros!" The second kid chats back.

From there Izuku stops listening. In fact he gets up and starts walking to the nearest library. There's a spark in his eyes that he hopes to ignite into a full shine.

Izuku is now stationed at a library computer and is Googling the turn vigilante. Huh vigilante. "A person who uses their quirk without a license to do the hero's job." Izuku mutters as he reads the bright screen.

So technically he can't be a vigilante. But does that mean he can do the hero's job without a license legally.

Yes. Yes he can. After a little more research he finds that the answer is yes. This sparks a chain reaction. This makes Izuku think. "If I had some training and some money then I could be a hero. I could save others from feeling the way I do! But where do I get the money?" Izuku wonders.

Did you know that it's really easy to open a bank account? Did you know it's easier to sell feet pics? Well Izuku does. Turns out a lot of weirdos are willing to pay a lot of money for a few pics, and with enough filters and photoshopped he can make his feet look like adult feet. So This is how Izuku decides how he's going to get the money for any gear he might need.

From there Izuku starts to make a plan. He can start doing morning jobs to improve stamina and leg muscles. He can start walking up early to do an hour workout routine. And with his new found income he can invest in parlor and self defence classes. So as Izuku continues to make plans and do research he can't help but notice that he doesn't feel as empty any more.

Izuku Midoriya at age 6 was going to start training to be a hero.

1241 words. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Do you think it was to short? I might edit it in the future to make it longer and more detailed.