CHAPTEƦ 1. ᴍᴀ, ɴᴏ!

🎀 CHAPTEƦ 1. ᴍᴀ, ɴᴏ!

"Don't you just love the summer air?" My mother asks, I drag the bags out of the trunk, taking a large sniff of the hot air reluctantly. Shaking my head, I sigh, dropping my suitcase on the sidewalk. "Nah, Ma, I don't." I answer, closing the trunk with my right hand.

Alabama was a wild place, and Indiana was already worse and this summer was shaping out to be something horrible, or maybe I'm just a Debbie downer. Visiting Janet and Tom was probably one of the worst decisions ma could've picked for our vacation.

Besides, who wants to visit a small town in the slums called Hawkins.

"We have a townhouse here just out of no where?" I question, raising an eyebrow questioningly at the small one floor building. The white pasty outer building making me sick to my stomach, all the houses, down the road, up the road, they all look the same.

Wasn't there a quote like: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Yeah, that's how I feel right now; but instead of doing something its just houses, going insane seeing the same things over and over again.

"It isn't really ours, it doesn't have electricity, only the water is turned on." Ma answers, grinning brightly, skipping up the steps and opening the front door.

"Isn't ours?" I respond, struggling to drag the bags up over the steps.

She nods, I grit my teeth, flinging my arm in exasperation as it finally flies over. "So, whos is it?"

"My sister and her husbands."

I roll my eyes, "Ma! Can't we just get a motel, I want to watch the t.v."

She places her hands on her hips, shaking her head, "There's a mall just around the corner, they have a big one, you can watch all the newest movies."

"What like The Goonies, or-- that new movie, Back to the Future." I inquire, taking a seat next to the wooden kitchen table, dust lines the chair. Making me frustrated at the fact that I forgot.

"If thats what you want to watch, sure." She responds nodding, I sigh, leaning back into the chair. It tilts, making the game of balancing it a fun game to try while talking.

"With what money? it costs money, you do realize that right Ma?" I ask, nearly falling over in the chair, Ma doesn't notice, instead, taking another glance around the dusty living room.

"I didn't give you your chore money for a reason, you would've wasted it before we even got here."

She's right, I do have a bad problem with spending money instead of saving up. She's constantly saying its better to learn young, but it just doesn't matter when she just hands me the money immediately afterwards.

I smirk at her, "You're smart Ma, thanks." I state, she smiles in response, rubbing the hair atop of my head. Making strings of h/c hair fall down in front of ur your vision. "Thanks, is that the first thing nice you've said since this trip started?" She questions, smirking sarcastically.

I look at her in the eyes, afraid for a moment, "Alright, don't waste it at all at once though Y/N, please." She says, pleading.

I nod eagerly, watching with a joyful grin as she pulls the fifty out of her purse hanging over her shoulder.

"I wont Ma." I respond, grabbing the money eagerly. I stand up from the chair and make my way towards the front door.

"Wait, Y/N, you don't even know where the mall is." She says from behind, I twist around, walking backwards, I smirk, opening the door.

"Don't worry, I'll just follow the crowds of people." I answer, skipping down the steps. She watches from the front door as I jog around the corner, following the vibrantly colored outfits of the people.