Vampire AU

Note: this is not part of the main story, is not canon compliant, and is an alternate universe created for these characters. This was inspired by A Night So Crimson by writing00introvert, so please check that story out!

Prologue

If you've ever wondered what it is like to taste another's blood, you aren't alone. In fact, there are hundreds of vampires wondering the exact same thing. Why, you might ask, shouldn't a vampire have the taste of blood engraved into their memory, having experienced it so frequently? While there are many vampires who do taste blood every time the moon is full and their eyes become a startling silver, there are also many vampires who have grown up in the center of human civilization, who have grown up to be very much like humans themselves.

So, in simpler words, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of vampires living amongst human populations. Vampires who have controlled their desire for blood even if it means physically tying themselves to furniture. All to blend in with society and try for a normal life.

First, let's explain the rules of vampires:

-A vampire's personality is not directly affected by being a vampire and is determined mostly by the same factors as human personality. However, they do have some odd behaviors.

-Vampires are sensitive to sunlight and too much ultraviolet light exposure could result in permanent injuries. A quick fix for this, however, is living in a cloudy city such as Edinburgh, Dikson or Berlin.

-For vampires, blood is not a necessity, but a hunger. Vampires do not need blood to survive (can survive on human food) and the desire for blood only comes around when the moon is full.

-The desire for blood becomes stronger when a vampire is romantically or sexually attracted to whoever they wish to feed from.

-After drinking blood, vampires will usually become drowsy and feeble minded, this being their most vulnerable time. Some vampires, however, are born without that gene and that allows them to stay more alert after drinking blood.

-Vampires do have healing properties, but only in their saliva or other bodily fluids (including blood, as they can often heal themselves depending on the seriousness of the injury.)

-Vampires do not have to be welcomed into places. They can go wherever they please.

-Stakes can kill vampires, but are just as effective as any other deep-cutting weapon because serious injuries are tougher for them to heal, especially when previously physically or emotionally vulnerable.

-Vampires do not have incredible strength, but they do possess some hypnotic qualities, partially due to their beauty.

-Vampires cannot morph into bats and are not immortal, but do have an extended life expectancy of up to 200 years.

-Vampires can see, hear, taste, smell, and even feel (as in touch) better than humans.

-Drinking blood does not kill humans unless taken in a great enough amount to be fatal.

-Vampires do have the ability to turn humans into vampires, but it requires the blessing as the human must drink the blood of the vampire.

Now to physical characteristics:

-On the night of the full moon, the eyes of vampires turn silver. They remain like that until the next day arrives unless blood is consumed. If blood is consumed, the eyes of the vampires slowly fade back to their normal color.

-Vampires do have fangs, but not enough to appear too strange compared to humans. However, the fangs are extremely sharp and can easily puncture skin.

-Vampires have paler skin than what is expected for their race.