Chapter-1

Ethan Knight kept staring at amber liquid in crystal glass. He was tired of hearing the same thing repeatedly but he knew what his father-in-law was saying couldn't be ignored anymore.

"Flavio is marrying Cara tomorrow and you know the purpose behind this wedding. This is not an issue to be overlooked anymore, Ethan."

Ethan Swirled the whiskey and sniffed it before taking a gulp of it. The burning sensation in his throat was what he craved. It matches his emotions nowadays. "I understand the matter is serious Giovanni and that's why I have a name in mind."

Giovanni arched a white brow in question. "Who?"

"Rosalina De Luca. Amadio's daughter. He contacted and hinted towards a future alliance. I see no reason to deny that."

Giovanni's brows cleared. "Ah! You are going for the biggest fish in the tank, Ethan. But What about Him? Do you think He would agree to this?"

Ethan opened his mouth to speak but the ring of his cellphone interrupted him. He glanced at the Caller ID and frowned. It was Alberto who was calling and Ethan knew not to ignore his calls.

"Speak."

"Senator Kennedy is shot dead."

Ethan turned still in his chair. He clenched his jaws tightly after digesting the news.

"Who killed him?" Ethan demanded but deep down he knew the answer to it. He could feel it in every nerve of his body that it was his son who ordered Kennedy's death and today it was served to him on the golden platter.

"Velenoso."

Ethan squeezed his eyes shut in anger, throwing the cellphone on the Rosemary table. "Fuck!"

Senator Kennedy was the man Aaron met this weekend to negotiate peace terms. He wanted Kennedy to forbid some things in the city and for that Aaron would have paid him handsomely but Kennedy was a tough nut who refused to accept the generous offer which ticked Aaron badly.

Giovanni frowned. "What happened?"

"Your grandson sent an executioner to kill Senator Kennedy who just did his job."

Giovanni looked proud, making Ethan shake his head in disdain. "As delighted as you look at this moment, do you even know the consequences of this? He killed a top-notch politician. Things can get dirty, Gio. We are already fighting the Bratva and Irish Cartels and not to mention the rumours of mutiny in 'Cosa Nostra' against me. I don't want the FBI on my throat too."

Giovanni agreed but he didn't have any words to say at this moment.

He sighed, "It's time for lunch. My daughter has butchered a lamb for us. Let's not waste her efforts, Si?"

Ethan rubbed his temples tiredly and walked with his father-in-law to the lunch table. Olivia smiled at her father.

"Papa, it's nice to see you again."

Giovanni kissed his daughter. "Cara Mia, you look beautiful. New dress?"

Olivia smiled. "Yes, I won't leave a chance to ruin your money, after all it's what you find me fit for by handing my birthright to my husband and not me. Because I was only a woman, weak and pathetic in your eyes. A woman who couldn't take over as the new Don right?" She announced in a sweet voice but her words were latched with resentment over her father.

Giovanni didn't mind, he was habitual to this. He had been hearing these comments for the past thirty years. "One day you will understand why I did that, Cara Mia."

Olivia gave her father and husband an unpleasant look and gestured for them to sit. "Grace the lunch table, Papa," then turned to her husband. "And you too, husband."