The prologue

A pretty girl with big doe eyes and with a cute head band walks in the play area of seoul highschool with her buds plugged in her ears not for so long as she gets interrupted by her friend who exclaims"Tani, you gotta stop roaming like this unless you wanna be late again and get punished!".

Then with a big sigh Tani takes out her buds and runs with her friend Sunmi to her class.

They both manage to reach to the class
on time and feel relieved that they are not going to get punished just then their teacher shows up with the result sheet of their exams that were conducted few days earlier.

"Ah i seriously wish i dont get the last position like its the worst"says Tani to which her friend replies"i think it is going to be that sleeping guy so dont worry".

The class starts to feel tensed as their teacher announces the results from the last ranker to top!but luckily for Tani,she scores the 5th from bottom position and was satisfied about it because she always does below average in studies.

"And the top 2 rankers of the class are"
the teacher announces..as expected Jung haron was in the top 2 rankers along with Kim Taksu who gets the last position always surprising everyone,but the real question was who is going to get the first rank.

Everyone including Tani and Sunmi start to bet on it and most of them choose Jung haron ,the super nerd of the class who gets first most of the times.

But to their surprise,Kim Taksu who recently got transferred to the highschool gets the first rank blowing off the bets and minds of the students who had their hopes on Jung Haron.

Jung Haron,with a displeasant face leaves the class with anger and his only friend from the class Park Jimin follows him.

Kim Taksu grins quietly and leaves the class.

The rest of the day goes pretty well with Tani and her class having talks about the new ranker and his uncompromising identity.

"is he really from busan.?""how did he get first""how can a person who sleeps all day in the class can get first rank.??"students speak these things among themselves.

Jung Haron and Kim Taksu both of them are socially inactive with one always being pinned to books and the other always staying in his own dream world right from the morning class itself.

Tani brushes it off and reaches home after hanging out with her friends after the school,as Tani was a social butterfly she could easily make friends with anyone.Her attitude attracts and is envied by many.

Later in the night,she joins her mother for dinner and shares what happened at the school.According to Tani,her mother is the most kind hearted and caring person.She is soo close to her mother that she doesnt even keep secrets from her and shares everything with her."How was your day.?"asks her mother."Not bad.Results were announced and I am so glad that i didnt get the last position but yeah i am sorry mom i will try to score more better than this in the next exam"replies tani.""Its ok hun,you dont have to overstress yourself just do your best and dont worry about the results"says her mother."Oh i am the luckiest daughter"tani smiles and says this to herself.Her mother then says"Tani we have to go visit your grandparents this month.We haven't visited them ever since your dad died"

After hearing this many questions and thoughts popped in Tani's mind

"i am so happy that we will be visiting them after these many years"she said

But deep inside she had many thoughts
like "i need to know how my dad died""i need to go to that temple and find the reason for his death""i need to solve this mystery"