Chapter 2 - Explaining Everything

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters.

Elijah Mikaelson had left the Dursley residence with his new nephew, barely holding onto his temper; and it was only for Harry's sake. When he and his nephew had gone to collect his personal belongings, Elijah was enraged to find out that his nephew has spent the past FIVE years living in the cupboard underneath the stairs. The humans were already dead, they just didn't know it yet. He would most definitely be seeing them again. Elijah and Harry chatted amicably throughout the relatively short ride to London. They would be spending a couple of days in Belgravia before moving to show Harry the world he has missed. However, despite all the excitement, Elijah was finding himself very nervous about telling exactly who and what he really was.

'How exactly does one tell a six-year-old boy that after a small reversal ritual he will become...or rather return to being and Original-Wizard hybrid?' Elijah thought to himself. Well, he would soon be finding out he supposed. Really, he thought it would work out all right. Besides, it's not as if anything can be done about it, and knowing his nephew, he thought Harry would take it rather well. He was certainly not the norm for what one would consider and abused child. Not that Elijah would forget that was what he was, as he was only six and had been treated horribly, but the boy had a fire about him. He suspected that in time, his nephew would be able to overcome anything and anyone. He would need that fire. Already, as Harry Potter, he had countless enemies. Elijah was certain that Henrik James Mikaelson would have quite a few as well. Their family always had many enemies. He could easily see their enemies attempting to harm the youngest Mikaelson. That is something Elijah would make sure that anyone foolish enough to dare attempt did not live to regret. No one and nothing would be allowed to harm Harry, Elijah would make sure of that.

There was one person however, who Elijah was very much in fear of his nephew meeting. Some would think that Elijah was referring to his father, Mikael. They would be incorrect about that assumption, as Elijah knew with some certainty that Mikael would not harm his grandson. If anything, he would be intrigued as to how he came to be, but he wouldn't seek to harm his own blood. Niklaus however, was another matter entirely. Elijah could in no way predict how he would react to his young nephew, and no matter how is ended it most likely wouldn't be favorable. Especially after the realization that he was no longer the only hybrid alive. If the witches were right, then Harry would be considerably more invulnerable that Klaus. For one, he was in no way bound from his original lineage. Not only that, but the witches also thought it to be very likely that Harry would have absolutely no invulnerability to White Oak. Of course, that alone would already be bound to unnerve Klaus, never mind the fact that Harry was already a powerful magical on top of the rest. All of his siblings lived in fear of angering Klaus too much, and either way would often be finding themselves with a dagger in their heart and back in their coffins. Harry, however, could not be daggered, likely due to the fact that he was immune to White Oak. Essentially, Niklaus would have nothing to threaten him with and on top of that there would finally be a member of their family who would always be able to remove the daggers from their siblings regardless of what Niklaus wanted. Their family had the potential to be more united and whole than it had been since they were human, and Elijah was determined to see it happen.

Harry looked around wide-eyed as they walked into Elijah's townhouse in London's Belgravia district. The house was tasteful and imposing in an understated manner typical to the late Georgian and Regency period (which is actually when Elijah bought the house). Of course, he kept it in tip top shape, adapting it to modern style of building but with the same feel of the Georgian and Regency period (he didn't need the house breaking down nor falling apart now, did he?). The house itself was filled with all manner of art and pieces collected over the centuries by the thousand-year-old Original Vampire. Elijah led Harry to a comfortably appointed sitting room and after getting situated, a maid brought in tea and biscuits for the two. He gave the boy some time to settle in and munch on the biscuits for a moment.