Small Body, Big Help

Y/n was sprawled across her bed, staring at the bright laptop displaying less than half of an essay due before her next class. Every sentence she planned out left her mind with each long blink and eye-watering yawn. Just when she felt herself slowly slipping into a much-desired sleep, the blaring ringtone from the phone she wisely placed across the room. The girl lugged her heavy body over to her cell phone. "Hello?" Her voice was coarse and thick.

"Hello is this Y/n L/n?"

"This is she."

"This is Nara City Hospital, We're calling to inform you that your grandmother, Agnes L/n was admitted into our E.R about 10 minutes ago, she took a fall. You were listed as her emergency contact."

Y/n felt her throat dry up and her stomach tie in a knot. She snatched the sweatpants she had worn earlier off the floor and held the phone up to her ear with her shoulder. "Is she alright?"

"There were only minor injuries, a fractured wrist, and a sprained ankle. She's been asking us to call you since she got in the ambulance. Will you be able to come to the hospital?"

"No, yeah I can make it. It will take a while though. About 2 hours tops." She hurriedly trapped her shoes and ran out of her dorm room

"Great we'll see you then." The lady on the other line hung up leaving Y/n running out of the dorm room.

Sero, sitting cross-legged on the couch got up to follow her. "Where are we going?"

"Hospital, my grandma fell and broke something." Y/n ran toward the teacher's dorm—which for some reason was a mile away—with Sero almost right next to her. The pair banged loudly on the door until their greasy-haired homeroom teacher opened the door.

"Somebody better be actively dying."

"My grandma," She managed the wheeze out between deep breaths. "Hospital. Can we?"

He gave a deep sigh and ran his hand over his head. "Just go." The teens thanked him and continued their journey to the bullet train station

"You don't have to come with me," Y/n finally spoke to the person who blindly followed her. "We'll be on the train for like an hour."

Sero shrugged, "Fine with me, it's safer to be in pairs anyway."

Both of them seated themselves on the bullet train when they eventually reached it. Y/n's mind never stopped spiraling.

"If you stayed at home, this never would've happened. And for what? Attention? To meet your favorite heroes? You selfish prick. You never should've accepted that—"

Sero's cold hand brushed over hers that was gripping tightly at her thigh. She initially jumped at the contact, then looked down at their hands together and up at the slight smile on his face.

"You were staring at an empty seat for like twenty minutes. Are you okay?"

She sighed long and hard, "I will be. Thank you for coming with me."

"Why wouldn't I? I care about you."

Y/n blinked slowly and nodded, too tired and anxious to register what the boy said to her.

Or more importantly, what he didn't say.

~♡~

After a long train ride and a mile and a half run, that felt twice as long due to Y/n's nervousness. The two finally arrived at the hospital.  "My name's Y/n L/n, I'm Suko L/n's granddaughter." The girl quickly told the receptionist, who then got a doctor to escort her to her grandmother's room.