lady.

"kazuya! want to go to a karaoke bar later?" kibe asks. kibe is probably my closest friend, he knows me too well.

"who's going?"

"er- kuri, some other mutual friends, mami and her friends and i. and you if you decide to go." kibe answers. mami? mami was my (ex) girlfriend. my heart-ached. i still haven't gotten over her. what if she's still mad at me? i sigh.

"oh yeah. bring your girlfriend too. the more the merrier." he adds on. my girlfriend?! my rental girlfriend?!  argh i would never tell him that though. at least not right now.

"uh-er sure! we'll go!" i say, stumbling over my words. he raises a eyebrow at me.

"alright, i'll send you the place. see you later." he says, walking away.

.  .  . 

"what?!" my rental girlfriend, chizuru responds after telling her the news.

"please! kibe and the others are expecting you! i told them you would go!" i say, on my knees, my hands in a pleading motion.

"i need to rent you again!" i say, as my face heats up. my face is all red.

"ugh! you dummy! don't say that so loud! argh fine! i'm expecting payment though!" she scoffs, "what time is it?"

"oh, right now its 18:25-" i say, looking at my phone.

"no you DUMBASS! what time do we go to the KARAOKE BAR! you're so stupid!"

oh, OH  i can feel my face heat up with embarrassment due to my stupidity.

"20:30! i say! thank you!" i say as a run into my dorm. what an idiot i am. i start banging my head into a wall, sighing.

.  .  .

"hello kazuya! before we start, i do ask for payment first!" my rental girlfriend says. i keep forgetting how different her actual personality and her rental personality differs. i quickly fork over the money.

"thank you! i will be your 'girlfriend' for today!" she smiles. god damn she really was an s-tier girl. great personality, body, etc.

"y-yeah." argh why am i so fucking awkward! she holds my hand gently as we walk to the karaoke bar. we meet up with the group. my dick friends pull me aside.

"look at you, showing off." kibe grunts.

"how did a virgin like you get an s-tier girlfriend?" kuri says, poking me.

"anyway, did you guys have sex yet?" kibe deadpans. my face flushes red.

"no what the heck?!" i say.

"quit teasing the virgin." kuri grins, slyly.

"what are you guys waiting for? let's head in!" my (ex) mami says. argh she's still so pretty. made sense she dumped a loser like me.

"alright! who wants to sing first?" mami says with a smile. man she was so cute- i sigh.

"why don't you go first, since you brought this up." kibe says.

"alrighty~!" she says, choosing her song and getting the microphone. ah fuck. i forgot that we're at a karaoke bar. i have to sing?! i should've thought this through! god damn it kazuya! i take a glance at chizuru- completely unfazed.

"alright! whats a bar without drinks?" kibe announces as mami plays her song. "what do you guys want?" all i could focus on was mami's singing- amazing- just as i expected from a beautiful lady  like her. and i'm just some virgin boy. 

"kazuya!" kibe shouts. "what do you want?"

"er-! give me a whiskey!" i sweatdrop. i turned my gaze back to mami, who was almost finishing her song. everyone starts putting in a song to play. what song to sing what song to sing what song to sing-

"mami! your singing is so good!" some of her friends gush. "want to do a duet later?"

"sure!" mami grins, then looks at me. she looked at me- then she went back to talking with her friends.

"i'll sing next!" one of mami's friends says, taking the microphone.

"who's after her?" kuri asks as kibe holds the queue of the order in which the people are singing in.

"that guy over there, a bunch of mami's friends- and then you." he says, pointing around the room. "oh look, our drinks are here." we all take the drinks we wanting. i take a sip from mine.

i wonder what chizuru's singing sounds like. is it as good as mami's- or even better? chizuru is literally an s-tier girlfr- s-tier rental girlfriend. i take a quick glance at her.

.  .  .

i down another drink- this is my 2nd or 3rd - who the fuck cares anyway?