002

JUST LIKE ALWAYS, Kennedy got a kick out of watching another one of the Hellfire Club's campaigns - watching Eddie, more specifically. There was just something about this kid, something that pulled her in. Of course, he was incredibly intimidating, which kept her at a distance. Even with her powers, knowing she could crush him with the flick of her hand if he ever tried to hurt her, she was still scared of him. Part of her thought she was just scared of rejection - that if she ever tried to start a real conversation with him, he would just shut her down, even though she knew that was not what would happen. 

They'd spoken a few times, actually. But their first interaction was what really stuck with her; the way he called her pretty girl, the way he eyed her up and down. And that interaction stuck with Dustin, too. He was quite visibly weirded out by his campaign leader hitting on his big sister, who was almost two years younger than him. Once, when Dustin overheard her talking about the Munson boy with one of her best friends, Robin, he audibly fake-gagged from his bedroom.

The Hellfire Club hung around for a little bit after the campaign ended, and Kennedy hung out as well. She had eaten all the Cheetos and was growing increasingly more hungry, but Dustin didn't want to leave just yet. And now she was getting bored seeing as how there was nothing else to watch. Well, nothing except Eddie Munson, who was chatting away with the older kids in the club.  So, to entertain herself, she started humming Shout by Tears for Fears.

"Tears for Fears, huh?" she heard a voice say to her, breaking her out of the trance she had put herself in. She turned her head up to see none other than Eddie Munson, standing over her. 

"Oh," she laughed. "Yeah."

"Nice, nice," Eddie said. "Not exactly my type of music, but not a bad choice."

"Yeah, it's, uh," she stammered. "It's my favorite song, actually. Heh. I can actually play it on guitar."

"Oh, you play?" Eddie asked, seemingly impressed. Kennedy nodded, smiling. "You sing, too, or...?"

"Oh, god no," Kennedy replied, laughing. "No, I've actually been told I sound like a dying banshee when I sing."

"Brutal," Eddie laughed with her. "Hey, why don't I call you up sometime and we can play together?" Kennedy's insides turned all warm and swirly when he suggested this. 

"Yeah!" she responded eagerly. She pulled out a pencil and and ripped out a piece of paper from her backpack and wrote down her number on it. "Here's my number." She smiled warmly at the brunette as she gave him the piece of paper. He held it up and smiled at her, then went back to conversing with his friends.

Kennedy's night was spent by the phone, waiting for a call. Nothing. She was growing more and more annoyed with every minute that passed without the phone ringing, beginning to think it was just some joke he and his friends played to see who could get her number. She decided to give it a rest for a bit and start doing her homework.

There was nothing in the world Kennedy Henderson hated more than calculus. She was overall a bright kid despite her past of not having any sort of normal education, but calculus was the one thing she could not understand. So, with the combination of struggling with her homework and listening to Dustin on the phone with his girlfriend in the next room, the girl was getting increasingly irritated. She decided to take a break and grab the shoe box underneath her bed.

"Hey, Mom," she said, entering the living room where Claudia and her cat sat watching television.

"Hey, Ken!" Claudia greeted. Kennedy wanted to pet the cat, but she didn't want to get too close, seeing as how smelling the thing in her pocket would most likely give her mother a heart attack.