15. ✰

"EL! PLEASE COME home!" Mabel shouted for her sister as her, Dustin and Mike walked through the woods. "Eleven!" Mike yelled, looking around. "El!" Dustin followed. "Jesus, I think I'm gonna lose my voice," Mabel frowned as she felt a sore throat coming on. "El!" she screamed anyways, ignoring the slight pain in her throat. A twig snapped causing the kids to stop. "Do you hear that?" Mike asked. "What?" Dustin looked at Mike. "El! El?" Mike yelled. He looked around and his eyes widened.

Mabel looked at the direction where he froze and almost gasped as she saw Troy and Harry walking up to them. "Hey, there, Frogface. Toothless. Slut," Troy sneered, pulling a knife out of his pocket. Mabel's heart dropped as Dustin let go of his bike. "Shit! Run!" he yelled, turning around and taking off. Mike looked around confused as Dustin ran, but grabbed Mabel's hand and led her out of there. "You're dead, Wheeler!" Troy shouted after them. "Mike, come on, run!" Dustin yelled. "Shit, shit, shit," Mabel cursed as Mike dragged her along.

The girl wanted to use her powers. She wanted to kill them. Both of the bullies. But she promised Mike she wouldn't do anything else to risk herself. Troy and Harry were trailing behind them when Mabel tripped over a log, twisting her ankle. "Mabel!" Mike yelled. "Shit!" she moaned out in pain. "Go, Mike. Run!" she screamed, motioning for him to keep going. He looked back at Troy and Harry getting closer and shook his head. "Get up! Come on!" he took her hand but she pulled away, reaching for her ankle. "I can't run, I'll just slow you down," she muttered, squeezing her eyes in pain.

She looked behind her, the bullies only a few feet away. "GO NOW!" she screamed, her voice cracking. Mike turned around to catch up with Dustin, silently praying the boys wouldn't do anything to her. She looked down at her ankle and groaned when she saw it already bruising. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Troy smirked as he kneeled down to the girl. She sneered, putting on her brave face and trying not to look at the pocket knife he had in his right hand. "Aw, babygirl can't walk now, can she?" Harry pouted.

"Go the other way to corner Frogface and Toothless and drag her with you. Go!" Troy shouted at his friend, getting up to chase Mike and Dustin. Harry grabbed the girl's shirt collar, pulling her up as she groaned in pain. "Stop it. You're hurting me," she mumbled on the verge of tears. "Come on, don't be such a pussy," Harry muttered, holding Mabel securely as he ran. Each step he took, Mabel's foot hit the ground, worsening the pain in her ankle. "Let go of me!" she cried, a few tears escaping her eye and streaming down her cheeks.

Harry had led her back to the boys, but not in the way she had wanted. Dustin and Mike were sandwiched in between Troy and Harry and they didn't have anything to defend themselves. "Shit!" Dustin yelled. Harry had his arm slang over Mabel's chest and was holding her so tightly she could barely breathe. The boys picked up sticks and rocks to throw in case anything got serious. "Let her go! Let her go now!" Mike screamed at Harry as he chuckled, dragging his hand down Mabel's face. Mike launched a rock at Harry, missing completely.

Harry scoffed, staring at the rock on the ground. "Nice throw, numbnuts," he teased the boy. Dustin let out a battle cry, throwing himself onto Troy and swinging a stick at him, to which Troy dodged. Troy grabbed the boy by his neck and held onto him, putting his knife to the curly head's neck. "Get off! Get off me!" Dustin yelled. "Let him go!" Mabel shouted, now sobbing uncontrollably. Harry slapped his hand on her mouth, not letting her speak. "Stay back or I cut him!" Troy sneered. "What do you want?" Mike asked. "I want to know how you did it," Troy told him. "How I did what?" Mike scoffed. "I know you did something to me. Some nerdy science shit to make me do that," Troy breathed.

Mabel whimpered against Harry, trying to get him off of her but he just held on tighter. "You mean piss your pants?" Mike asked. Troy glared at Mike, holding the knife closer to Dustin's neck. "Our friend has superpowers and she squeezed your tiny bladder with her mind!" Dustin exposed El. Mabel froze completely. They might think that she was the one who did it. Troy slowly turned his attention towards the redhead and let out a deep breath. "Who, Mabel? Mabel made me do that and the time in the cafeteria, huh?" Troy chuckled. Harry lifted his hand off her mouth, letting her speak.

"N— No! It wasn't me. It was my sister," she told him. "Shut up!" Troy yelled, not believing her. Mabel tried to kick Harry off but he buried his hands in her hair, pulling her head back making her yelp out. "I think I should save Toothless here a trip to the dentist. Help him lose the rest of his baby teeth," Troy said. "Let him go!" Mike shouted. "I'll let him go, sure. The hot redhead, too. But first... it's your turn," Troy pointed his knife at Mike. "My turn for what?" Mike shook his head. "Wet yourself. Jump... or Toothless here gets an early trip to the dentist. And as for Mabel, we'll push her off the cliff," Troy smirked, motioning towards the giant cliff next to them.

"Stop! No!" Dustin gasped. Harry dragged Mabel over to the cliff as she struggled against him. "Harry will drop her! And I'll cut him right now!" Troy threatened. Mike looked over at Mabel being practically dangled over the cliff and then back at Dustin with a knife pointed overwhelming close to his face. "Mike, don't do it. I don't need my baby teeth, Mike!" Dustin cried as Mike walked over to the cliff. "Mike, stop. You don't have to do this. Please," Mabel whispered before Harry put his hand over her mouth again. Several tears slid down her face as she whimpered.

"Mike, don't do it! Seriously, don't do it, man! Seriously, don't!" Dustin pleaded from behind them. "Dentist's office and suicide opens in five..." Troy begins to count as Harry brought Mabel closer to the cliff. "Four!" Mike's breath starts to fasten as he locks eyes with Mabel. She shakes her head profusely, sobbing even harder. She tries to reach for him but Harry pulls her arm back. "Three! Two!" Troy continue to count down. "Mike!" Dustin screams, dragging out the 'i'. "One!" Mabel's whole world stops as Mike lets himself fall off the cliff. Harry lets her go in surprise that he actually jumped and she cries.

"NO!" she screams out as Troy and Dustin rush over. All the kid's mouths drop open as they realize Mike didn't really fall. He was dangling in the air, but not falling. Mabel's eyes widen as she slowly stands up and looks behind her. El was here. She had to be. Mike screams out as his body began to lift upwards and he landed safely back on solid ground. Mabel limps over to him, ignoring the harsh pain in her ankle, sobbing as she hugs him. When she realizes he's not hugging back, she looks up and turns. "Oh... my..." she begins as she sees her sister walking up to them.

Suddenly, Harry falls back on his ass, groaning. Mabel lets out a sigh of relief as Mike wraps his arm around the redhead's waist, noticing how badly she was shaking next to him. El turns her head, the knife from Troy's hand flying as he screams. "She broke my arm! My arm!" he yelled. "Go," she tells the boys. "Let's get out of here! Let's go!" Troy tells his friend, running the other way. Mabel giggles at the boys sprinting away from them in fear. "Yeah, that's right! You better run! She's our friend and she's crazy! You come back here and she'll kill you! You hear me? She'll kill you, you sons of bitches!" Dustin yells after the two bullies.

"Dustin!" Mabel lets out a laugh as he screams at the boys. It goes quiet as a loud thump is heard. Mike and Mabel turn to El and see her laying on the ground. Mike jumps up, helping Mabel stand and walking her over to her sister. "El, you okay?" he asks, kneeling over the girl. "Mabel... Mike... Dustin... I'm sorry," she sobs. "Sorry? What are you sorry for?" he shakes his head. "The gate... I opened it. I'm the monster," her voice cracks as Mabel reaches up to wipe the blood off her sister's nose. "No, El. You're not the monster. You saved Mike," Mabel grabs her sister's hand. She slowly helps her sister sit up and pulls her into a tight hug. Mike smiles at the girls, wrapping his arms around the both of them. Dustin kneels down, deciding to join as well. The kids sit there in silence, enjoying each other's warmth and comfort, thinking everything was alright.

author's note !
sobbing bc mike dustin el n mae bae 🥹<33