Chapter 1

Sonic, shadow, tails, rouge, and omega walk down a dusty trail passing many different signs along the way they were meeting up with a mob boss and according to gun his base is supposed to be close "thanks for letting us come, eggman hasn't been attacking in a while so sonics been a bit bored" tails said "a bit bored, i was super bored their was nothing to do other than race with shadow. But thats not that fun anymore, since i keep beating him" sonic said grinning and shrugging his shoulders

"Hey im the one that wins against you, your just sour because you couldn't accept you lost" shadow growled. They stopped and growled at each other "your just mad because im too fast for you" shadow said glaring at sonic "oh, yeah!?" Sonic said "oh no here we go again" rouge said "yeah!" Shadow said in sonics face "fine then lets test that theory!" Sonic said "fine" shadow said both of them growling at each other "uh sonic i dont think thats a good idea" tails said "yes we have to focus on the mission" omega said "dont worry guys im the fastest thing alive I'll be ba"- "321 go!" Shadow said getting tired of waiting on sonic "no fair!" Sonic said chasing after shadow "took you long enough" shadow said as sonic started to catch up to him.

""Thats not fair you started early!" Sonic said "it doesnt matter you caught up didnt you" shadow said grinning and going faster sonic just grined and easily caught up to shadow again they were tied neck to neck, until shadow stopped sonic wondered what he was doing until something hit him in the face nocking him into shadow "get off faker!" Shadow said "well sorry i was nocked in the face! What was that anyway" sonic asked standing up "it was that" shadow said dusting himself off looking forward, sonic looked in the direction shadow was facing and saw eggman flying in his eggmobile and one of his robots standing under him "nice job metal!" Eggman said laughing "finally got over loosing to me i see" sonic said with his usual cocky grin.

"Oh, but today hedgehog i wont be losing to you this time ive got a chaos emerald" eggman said "metal attack!" Eggman said and without another word metal sonic attacked shadow first throwing him into the closest tree metal then started to punch sonic over and over repeatedly sonic was having a bit of a hard time, metal sonic was using a chaos emerald if he wasnt it would be so much easier for sonic, sonic finally got a few punches in and then shadow jumped into the fight metal sonic was starting to loose until eggman sent out more of his robots, big robots, shadow got knocked in the head passing out hitting sonic they got knocked back far making them fall off a nearby cliff, sonic could hear eggmans laughing.

Sonic looked down seeing a river at the bottom he doesnt like water even if it could save him from falling to death "shadow wake up!" Sonic said holding onto shadow "wake up!" Sonic tried hard to wake shadow up so he could use his shoes to fly them out of here, but thankfully shadow started to wake up but it was a bit too late they both fell into the water it was deep and cold sonic was having a hard time floating and was starting to drown shadow quickly grabbed sonic who was still flailing around trying to keep afloat "stop moving faker!" Shadow said trying to get out of the water but the water was strong then sonic started to flail around more his face half under water shadow noticed and tried to pull him up but his leg was stuck "shit!" Shadow said trying to pull sonic out shadow went under the water seeing that sonics leg was trapped in some rocks shadow started to move the rocks revealing sonics now swollen ankle.

Shadow quickly lifted his head from the water and took a deep breath before finally escaping the strong flowing water once sonic and shadow where now once again on solid ground sonic started to cough up water shadow stood up not minding sonic he looked around from where he stood and where they just fell he tried using his skates but they wouldn't work he cursed to himself and went back to sonic who was just sitting down looking looking at his ankle shadow looked at sonics ankle it was swollen it looked very painful. Without another thought shadow extended a hand out to sonic for him to take shadow helped sonic up and let sonic lean on him

Shadow luckily knew this place pretty well from when he was shown a map of the place he was good at remembering so he wasnt worried but sonic on the other hand was his leg was practically broken so he is defenseless his speed was his best weapon and sonic was still wet and cold but shadow wasn't affected by it.

Sonic noticed how shadow was walking through the forest he seemed to know where they were going which made sonic feel a bit relaxed, if shadow knew where to go then they would be out of there soon which made him sigh of relief "what are you so happy for?" Shadow said noticing how glad sonic seemed "oh well you seem to know where your going thats all, at least we aren't completely lost" sonic said a smile on his face "so we must be getting out of here soon" sonic said "well maybe not too soon at the pace your going" shadow said sonic just huffed he didnt want to argue with shadow because he knew shadow wouldn't hesitate to leave him here

Shadow stopped walking and looked up at the sky and frowned "we're stopping here" shadow said sitting sonic on the ground and started to build a small wooden shelter around sonic.

Sonic just sat there and watched the he was starting to dry up a bit but he couldn't help but feel cold he was starting to shake a little but he didnt worry about it, shadow crawled in just as it started to rain "comfy" shadow asked "very" sonic said then looked away "thank you" sonic said not looking at shadow "why?"  "Well you know for helping me, you didnt need to do that you know" sonic said feeling a little guilty "i know" shadow said sonic looked at him his eyes meeting with ruby red eyes "i couldn't just leave you, and if i did your friends would hunt me down and i dont want to deal with eggman" shadow said flatly "so harsh"  sonic said "and, i wouldn't have anyone else to meaninglessly race every day it wouldn't be fun without you around" shadow said and layed down "now go to sleep because we're going to leave early tomorrow" shadow said and closed his eyes, sonic wasnt expecting shadow to say that he thought shadow would be the very last person to say anything like that especially since sonic is the most annoying to shadow.

Sonic ended up laying down too but had a hard time sleeping not just because of what shadow said but also because he was starting to feel colder but eventually ended up falling asellep.