Part 1 (Probably the only part, but I guess we'll see)

The flight Alex and Henry were taking to the lake house for the Fourth left slightly later than expected, because Alex got caught up in studying. The flight from New York to Texas was as uneventful as most private flights with Amy embroidering a new jean jacket and Cash engaged in a conversation with Alex about something he just read in his law textbook. Shaan was spending this weekend with Zahara in DC. As soon as they touched down on the runway in Texas a visible burden was lifted off Alex's shoulders, as if he could breathe the air clearer.

"Finally, vacation. We've just been so busy, I'm excited to just spend time with June and Nora." Alex says.

"I'm so excited too, love" Henry says as he connects his hand to Alex's and they make their way to the Jeep.

The girls were already at the house. They left DC a few days before so Alex and Henry got the refurbished Jeep all to themselves. "Henry, this is going to be so fun, forcing you to do all these stereotypical American things. I have a whole playlist of patriotic adjacenct songs just for the drive down." Alex said as he slid into the driver's side and rolled down the windows.

"I beg you not to. June and Nora would never allow you to play such music" Henry states as Miley Cyrus's voice starts to play.

Alex replies "Just because Nora uses math to calibrate her playlists, doesn't mean everyone else's are bad. You know I have great taste in music". The chorus of the song starts to ring out as they make it onto the interstate, surrounded by both Alex and Henry security details.

"While you might have good taste in music, my ancestors are squirming in their graves over me listening to a song called "Party in the USA" on such an outrageous holiday, to celebrate America's independence from my country."

"You realize that our whole relationship has your ancestors cringing, you celebrating America's founding is really just the cherry on top. Really you should just enjoy the incredible American themed songs" Alex says as he hands Henry a Mexican Coke.

"Since you are so convincing, love, I will listen to the rest of your allegedly incredible playlist without complaints. If it is horrible though, I'm telling June and Nora".

"That seems fair, but it will be incredible"  replies Alex. The rest of the drive goes smoothly, with a whole range of songs, from Taylor Swift to Jimmy Buffet filling the Jeep. Henry only complains when the Star Spangled Banner starts playing.

———-

As they make their way walking down the driveway carrying just their duffle bags, June shouts "Hey boys!!" as she and Nora engulf Alex and Henry in a hug.

"How was the drive down?" June says as everyone continues walking towards the house. tt

"It was great, I've been forcing patriotic things onto Henry" Alex replies smugly.

"I was stalking your Spotify and had questions about your playlist called "How to force royalty into being patriotic"- now all my questions have been answered" Nora quickly says as she helps Henry with his bag.

"I still have some more great ideas for Henry's American immersion, but I'm keeping them a secret," Alex says, smirking.

———-

"Today it's time for the most stereotypical American lake activities, tubing! It will be so fun" Alex says as Henry walks into the kitchen, looking slightly disheveled, but well rested. Alex is content at staring at Henry's morning hair for the rest of the day.

"What the bloody hell is tubing?" Henry questions, looking very concerned. "It sounds like some revolutionary torture device."

"It's only the most fun and American thing to do at a lake" June answers from the living room coach, where she is sitting with Nora reading what looks like a novel about some historical event. "Basically an inner tube is pulled behind a boat going fast"