epilogue

Johnny and Dallas had been dating for a few months now, making it January. Johnny chews at his lower lip nervously, Dallas's arm slung around his shoulders as they make their way to the Curtis house. They planned on coming out today. It was a long and draining conversation. They finally settled on telling them.

Worst comes to worst, Dallas was absolutely ready to run away with him. He already had a place in mind and he made sure that they'd be able to get there quick.

And as much as Johnny appreciated that he cared about their safety, it made him feel a little bad for their friends. They weren't bad people. He knew Ponyboy wasn't, anyway. The younger redhead already knew of them and had a crush of his own that he was dealing with.

The ravenette takes a deep breath as they finally make it to the Curtis house, walking through the gate and up the front steps. That's where the couple stopped for a moment.

Dallas moves Johnny to where they were looking at one another, hands on his shoulders gently. The blonde did his best to give a reassuring smile. He wasn't the best with words or comforting others. But he loved Johnny more than enough to make the effort.

"Its gonna be alright," the blonde says quietly. "I'm sure of it. I think the gang will handle the news well."

The ravenette takes a deep breath, slowly nodding his head. His dominant hand moves to mess with Dallas's Christopher around his neck. He was nervous. But he was hopeful as well.

"You're probably right," he responds. "I guess I'm just uptight over nothing."

The younger male looks around to see if anyone was watching before he pecks Dallas's lips. It brought a smile to the blonde's face and he squeezes his shoulders gently. A kiss always made him feel much better.

"Let's get inside."

And with that, the couple walk through the front door, taking off their snowy shoes and kicking them away so they weren't in the way. They then plop on the couch, sides pressed together. It probably looked weird to everyone.

"What's going on here?" Two-Bit questions, a goofy grin on his lips. He was just always smiling. Nothing bad had happened to make him upset. Plus he was a little buzzed already. "You two are awfully cozy. Cold?"

Ponyboy smiles gently and he looks at the couple, giving a small nod in acknowledgement. He already knew what was happening and he was proud of them.

"Well, duh," the young redhead finally responds. "Its January. You act like you weren't under the blankets sharing with Darry before he went to shower."

Two-Bit opens his mouth to say something before closing it, huffing in response. The younger male was right. It wasn't his fault that he was absolutely freezing and Darry was warm. It was nothing other than sharing body heat. That was all.

Soda looks at the couple, smiling happily. He enjoyed having everyone over. The blonde was always excited to have people to hang out with.

"You can have the blanket I was using," he offers. "I aint that cold anymore. I'll get another sweatshirt on."

"You don't gotta do that for us, Soda," Johnny responds. "We're okay. We'll warm up in no time."

Soda nods and he pulls the blanket tighter around himself, shifting so he making an attempt to get closer to Steve, who he was sitting next to. Not that Steve would ever say anything, but he was always quick to get cold and he wanted to keep him warm. Ponyboy sat on the floor in front of his brother. The young redhead sometimes just thought the floor was comfier than their old couch. And Two-Bit was no standing behind the couch, leaning over to watch the TV, awaiting Darry's return from the shower. He was still cold.