001 clarity records

001
( clarity records! )

     The rickety buildings of downtown Hawkins glowed bright with dark oranges and yellows, dusk falling behind the structures and shadows slowly creeping larger and larger before the street lights soon will alight the town a yellow-y tone once again

It was a time where the tree lined streets fell quiet, the once lively atmosphere of the tooting cars and bustling crowds of pedestrians coming to a slow halt as the town begin to lose the natural light.

School had ended a few hours ago, rowdy teenagers and children alike dispersing from the many bustling shops with the taste of dinner in the air as the time clicked over to five o'clock, tiresome adults desultory locking the doors to establishments with the knowledge of returning and repeating the everyday nine to five.

Hawkins streets were empty— were supposed to be empty. besides one.

Eddie Munson is a freak of nature, always has been and frankly—he believes he always will be. The metalhead didn't dress like the evermore popular high school jocks at his school, nor listen to socially accepted music like his high nose peers— lets not forget that he had flunked senior year—twice.

He didn't have a routine, with more days than not staying in bed, smoking his days away with the strum of his B.C Rich guitar and avoiding the world around him. But he did have one thing— one happy thing he allowed himself to indulge in once a week.

      Clarity Records was a small, indie music store he visited every Thursday night, with the crooked scheme of finding new music to take home. Although believable at first, the ever going lie he had with himself was quite obvious with the many empty handed walks back home.

      It had been the reason at one point, him coming to the store sporadically with the need for more music to learn for his guitar, but soon the lines between truth and false started to blur as the metalhead only started showing up on late night Thursdays with a specific sweet smile in mind. 

      Eddie had met the curly headed bass worker as a happy accident. He had managed to get himself into another argument with his uncle, with the adult coming home to the trailer early from work with a bad headache, only to find his half naked nephew lounging on the couch with the familiar taste of earthy smoke in the air.

      Wayne Munson had gotten the displeasure of a heavy phone call from Eddies school that he hadn't rocked up, once agian, and while normally he didn't mind that the boy didn't go to school—hell, he didn't even finish his own years, he was in a foul mood from work and had unfortunately let his sharp tongue loose on his nephew.

      Eddie had walked the moonlit streets that night, grumbling quietly to himself as he kicked unsuspecting pebbles across the gravel pavement, without a location in mind besides back home.