Chapter 6: The Worshippers of Destruction

Simon's POV

After being evaluated by the village elder, Ryuko and Gojo led me through the forest and upon coming out of the tree line, I was greeted by a pretty sizable village. Houses made of stone with sticks for the roof. As we made our way through this little community, more than once I caught people staring at me, all with the same color of hair and eyes.

Ryuko: sorry about them, we don't tend to see outsiders too often. It's only in our nature to be a bit standing-offish.

Simon: I can understand that, but why does everyone here have white hair?

Ryuko turned to me.

Ryuko: you have white hair...

Simon: ...fair enough.

Gojo then spoke up

Gojo: I'm gonna leave you guys to it. Just don't cause any trouble.

He began to walk away before stopping and turning back to us.

Gojo: oh, and don't forget to return the gem to its pedestal.

Ryuko: OH YEAH!

She quickly reach into her satchel and pulled out the ruby her and her brother stole.

Simon: so why exactly did you kill a guy for this.

Ryuko: it's a sacred artifact of our tribe. That bastard stole it while we were all sleeping and tried to sell it, so me and Gojo were sent to retrieve it.

Simon: huh.

She then grabbed me by the wrist

Ryuko: come on.

Ryuko led me to the far end of the village to what looked like a church made from stone and wood

We went inside where Ryuko walked to the a pedestal in the center of the room. On top was a very carefully carved small stone statue of what looked like a dragon. In the middle of the statue was an empty space that seemed to be missing a piece. She took the gem and placed it in this empty place before dropping to her knees, putting her hands together and seeming to pray.

Simon: uh...

It was at this point that I just began to look around the room. This whole church was intricately decorated with imagery of dragons and various gem stones, none of which were even close to the size of that ruby Ryuko was trying to get.

However, as I was looking around, something caught my eye. A large painting hung on the east wall. I walked up to it and began examining it further. It was a painting of a dragon surrounded by various weapons standing in what seemed to be victory. The more I looked at it the more details I'd begun to recognize on the dragon. White scales, piercing red eyes, and a long, powerful looking body...and that's when it clicked.

and that's when it clicked

Simon: ...Fatalis?

Ryuko's head shot around to look at me.

Ryuko: oh, looks like you already know about Fatalis: The King of Destruction. Our tribe has worshiped him for over 400 years, awaiting his return.

Simon: uh huh...

Ryuko: so, how'd you learn about him.

Simon: he's my...grandfather

(A/n) sorry this chapter's so short, I was trying to update this story as fast as possible before I had to pack for vacation)