8-Interviews(4)

Hawks's POV

I woke up, sweating. It was another nightmare. I checked my phone that was beeping loudly. It was 5'o clock. I yawned as I checked today's schedule.

-Training (Commission) 5:30~8:00 
-Report to Commission 8:00~8:30
-Capture Naoki Ose (+Naomi Ose if possible) 8:30~9:00
-Find information on Rin Masuda (Digital) 8:30~9:00
-Find information on Rin Masuda (Physical) 9:00~10:00
-Check CCTV for information on Chika Sakai 9:00~10:00
-Patrol (Kyoto, Nagoya 1/2) 10:00~12:00
-Lunch with Dabi 12:00~1:00
-Patrol (Osaka, Nagoya 2/2) 1:00~2:00
-Mission 2:00~5:00
.
.

Today's report would need to be carefully planned out, as there was the mission I had to hide. I headed out to get some bread for breakfast. After eating, I went to the commission building. I did some physical training and went to meet a few of the kids training. 

I watched Lotus fighting a kid. She gracefully got on top of the kid and beat him up, though I don't get how someone beats someone up gracefully. The fight ended with the kid bleeding from head to toe. She was brutal for someone with a flower quirk. After going around the traumatic place, I went to report to the commission.

A woman sat on the other side of the white table with a pen and paper. It was a white room. White suit. The only thing that wasn't white was me. It made me feel like I didn't belong here, which was what the commission wanted. To feel alone. It was enough to make a person go crazy if they stayed here longer than an hour.

"Report." her voice reminded me of the AI home helper I put in my house last month. I sat on the opposite side of her and started talking.
"There were villain attacks on..."

I went out of the room exhausted. I felt dizzy. Not only was that room a bit too white for my liking, there was once a very serious "accident" here.

After getting out of the building, I flew over to take a look at Naoki Ose. As expected he was exchanging a few illegal substances with a strange man. I used my feathers to take the suitcase and knocked out the both of them. The man was a Black Market worker. The mission didn't say anything about capturing him, so I left him behind and got Naoki Ose to a police station. Unfortunately, his sister was no where to be found. I checked my phone to see it was 9 o'clock.

I went to my office to get the other work done, slowly but surely finishing my to-do list. I stood up and went outside wearing an oversized hoodie. I met up with Dabi and talked about the Lov for an hour. I left the place and went on patrol. Nothing big happened and it was soon time to go look for the girl.

I went around the city around a dozen times, but couldn't see a girl fitting the description. I checked the file again. She had bright red hair so it should be quite easy to find her... I checked the file again to see that her quirk was Rubber Body, a quirk that let her soften parts of her body to lessen damage. I went in a store nearby to grab some chips. The first person I got to see in the store was a red haired girl in a hoodie stealing some onigiri. 

"Hey! Someone stop that kid!" the cashier shouted.

I walked up to him and payed for the girl's things while my feathers tracked the girl down. I soon left and ran to the alleyway where the girl was eating the onigiri. I approached her and gave her a beverage I bought and had one myself. I sat beside her without a word. Slowly, she opened the drink and drank it. After drinking the whole thing in about a minute, she looked at me.

"Why did you give me this? Do you need something from me?" she asked.
"I need to ask you a few questions." I said truthfully. She stared at me, silently telling me to go on. "It's about your friend, Haruko Tabata. She went missing around 12 years ago, didn't she?"
Her eyes widened. "Did you find her?"
I shook my head which disappointed her.

After a few hours, she agreed to come to the meeting where we would share our evidence. Since we decided to talk about this in the meeting, I used my left time to sit and chat with her. I found out that her name was Ishihara Tomoko and that she was homeless. The girl we were trying to find was someone she met on the streets before she was taken somewhere by strange men. She seemed worried that the men might do some weird things to her, and I couldn't blame her for thinking that way. But, the commission didn't do those kinds of things to kids, as far as I know.

 She was 17 and was abandoned by her parents as soon as she was born. Her grandmother raised her until she was 5, when her grandmother died. She had a hard time making a living, when she met Haruko Tabata, who taught her how to steal things and survive on the streets. Ishihara wasn't named by her parents or her grandmother, but Haruko. Haruko thought it was a great name, since it meant calm and wise. The girl kind of reminded me of Touya.

I bought her a few things like food, clothes, and a phone so she could have an easier time here. We exchanged numbers so I could call her for the meeting, and I left. It was a good thing I bought her clothes, as this winter seemed a lot colder than the last ones. Speaking of winter, Christmas was coming near, which meant it was nearly my birthday.

I went to my apartment and shut the door. I could finally stop smiling. It was tiring. I wondered how Dabi was doing. Compared to him, I was nothing. Even the Commission said so. He was a person with great talent. It was a shame he became a villain. But in his situation, there was no better option than becoming a villain.

~Flashback~

"Hey Keigo, what do you want to be when you grow up?" his question startled me. I looked around to check if anyone was listening.
"I...want to be a hero." I whispered. 
"Is it because Endeavor saved you?" he asked.
I thought for a while. Touya had told me how Endeavor was a horrible person. He was a good hero, but not a good person. Why did I want to become a hero? It was probably because...
"No. I want to become a hero so I can show mother I'm not a failure. What do you want to become?"
"I want to be a vigilante. But, it doesn't matter. After all, my future won't be decided on what I want to be, but what the world views me as. And in their eyes, I'm just a kid with a rebellious attitude and a fatal quirk malfunction." he was smiling, but his eyes showed pain. He was so mature for a 13 year old.

I always admired his maturity. He made the most logical choices. His choices led to good consequences and gave him a good image. But, in the end, he picked his kindness over logics and died. 

Normal people would get excited when their dead friend comes back and would want to give them everything they had. But, because both of us were trained by the Commission, we had to expect the unexpected and lived on like how we would if the accident didn't happen. Times like this, I felt pathetic. My friend just came back from the dead, and I couldn't shed a single tear. 

"-ks! Hawks! Are you sleeping?" Fumiko shouted.
"Sorry, your story was boring." I smiled which seemed to make her more mad. We chatted all night long. She was a great friend. Not my No.1, that was a spot for Touya, but she was still a very good friend.

"Bye! See you later, Hawks! Send me the files on Hisoka through e-mail, got it?"
"Yeah yeah, now get out, I'm sleepy. Bye~"

After shooing her off, I laid down on the couch and slept while it started snowing outside.