•5•

"Are you excited for today?" She asks and I nod with a smile as I take a bite of my cereal.

"Will Dad be joining?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Your father has things to do for his work at the moment." She says but gives me a hopeful smile. "But he said he will make some time to do it another time." I nod and take my bowl up to the sink. "Don't worry about the dishes, just get ready to go."

"Alright." I smile and go upstairs to change and put my shoes on. I make my way down stairs and wait for mom to be done. Eventually she appears.

"All ready?" She says and I nod. "Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~

The walk was fun, but mom mainly talked about things going on at work and new chores that will have to be done because of a new subject mom got promoted to.

"Mom, could we maybe talk about something else?" I ask and she looks at me confused.

"Why?" She questions and before I could say anything she speaks again. "Is it because of the chores? Hun, you know that you have to do your part while we're gone."

"Mom, that's not why. It's because I thought we were going on a peaceful walk, not just one where you name off a list of things to do while you're gone." I say and she looks at me, her eyes narrowed.

"Young lady, watch your tone. You don't ever do anything else so stop being lazy and learn to do your part."

"I'm not being lazy!" I shout at her and she looks at me disappointed. "Look, I just wanted to have a nice walk with each other and avoid fighting for once."

"We are having a nice walk." She says ignoring what I said. "If this isn't peaceful to you then that's just pathetic." She gives me a small smile when I frown. "Cheer up, hun."

"Cheer up? After you just practically called me pathetic?" I say and she goes to grab my hand but I move away. "No, I'm done. No wonder I had more fun any where else I went, you just make it worse no matter where I am!" She recoils as if I burned her.

"You take that back, young lady." She says and I start walking away from her. When she tries to catch up, I just run even faster. I'm going to that cave. It's the only place I'm familiar with so I'll just take a break there for a bit.
---------

"Hello?" I say loudly as I move through the thicket. There were birds chirping around me and I wondered if one of them was the bird from last night. "I have no idea what in the world I'm doing, but if someone's there then I could use some help." I sigh when there was no response. I made my way through the end of the thicket of trees and see the stone building appear. I half wait for a moment in case the woman appeared again but no one was there. My foot moves forward and before I knew it, I was walking towards the building. On the way there, I spot a girl who was in the garden. Her hair was in two braids as she was keeping herself busy in the garden. When I addidently step on a twig nearby, she looks up, sees me, and runs inside.

Oh gosh, please don't announce me being here.

My eyes widen as I look around for some were to hide but it was too late. I see the all too familiar women making her way out through the garden, but her serious demeanor changes when she spots me. She almost seems like she was expecting someone?

When she walks up to me, my worry seems to ease a little.

"Well hello there again, dear." She says when she comes up to me. "You have Fiona a fright for a moment." When I thought she was mad I look up to find her smile still there. She holds out her hand. "Apologies for no introductions last time we met. My name is Miss Alma LeFay Peregrine, but you may call me Miss Peregrine." I smile a little as I shake her hand.