Chapter 14

Carter flipped and twirled his hilts in his hands boredly. It had been a few days since Galahad left and Douxie was still doing "research". He sighed, flopping against the bed.

"I'm bored." He announced.

"So sorry about that, Sunshine." Douxie said absentmindedly from his place on the bedroom floor. "What do you want me to do about it?"

Carter frowned, rolling over to peer at him from the edge of the bed. "Finish your research so we can go."

Douxie glanced at him. "In the middle of the night?"

Carter rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean. You're stalling."

"I'm not stalling-"

"Yes you are." Carter huffed, putting the blade hilts down on the nightstand. "Douxie, I can't stress how important this is. We need to go soon."

Douxie looked back at the book in his lap. "I just feel like we're missing something."

Carter scooted closer to him, gently running his fingers through his hair. "We don't need all the answers. We'll figure it out on the way."

Douxie frowned. "That kind of thinking gets you killed. It's better to be prepared."

Carter snorted. "If you wait to look for answers you're gonna be waiting a long time."

He looked at him, pursing his lips. They held eye contact for a long while before Douxie sighed, closing the book. "I hate that that makes sense."

Carter smiled. "Oh yay, I win!"

Douxie snorted a laugh as he climbed into the bed. "Cute. Scoot over."

Carter made room for him. "Let's go soon."

Douxie clenched his jaw subtly. "Do you know where we need to go?"

Carter nodded slowly. "Yeah. Sort of."

He raised a brow. "Sort of?"

Carter sighed. "I have a general idea of which direction to head in."

"... Like?"

"Boat. Water." Carter listed them on his fingers. "Boston harbor."

"Huh." Douxie wet his lips, thinking. "That's much more of an answer than I was expecting."

Carter tilted his head. "Doubt me much, Blue?"

"What? No!" Douxie said quickly. "I'm not doubting you, Carter! It's just that-"

Carter laughed, cutting him off. "I'm messing with you, sweetheart."

Douxie sighed, burying his face in his hands, shoulders shaking with quiet laughter. "You're so mean."

Carter chuckled. He gently slipped his hand into Douxie's. "You love me anyway."

Douxie glanced up at him, smiling softly. "Yeah, I do." He tugged him closer, planting his lips on Carter's.

Carter leaned into the kiss with a small hum, smiling against Douxie's lips as the wizard gently cupped the side of his face. They moved their lips together softly, slowly, gently pulling eachother closer. Douxie slowly tipped Carter back, pressing him against the bed. They made out lazily, content and happy to keep the pace. Carter curled his hands into Douxie's shirt, tugging him closer. Douxie hummed softly against his lips, deepening the kiss.

They parted after a moment, foreheads pressed together, breaths mingling.

"I really do love you, Carter." Douxie whispered, gently rubbing his thumb over his cheek. "So much."