Yuri Plisetsky x Bunny Reader (Fem)

Character: Yuri Plisetsky (Yuri!!! On Ice)

~

The sky dimmed as the evening turned to night on the Japan horizon. Somewhere in all the city's hustle and bustle was a lone ice skating rink, closed to the public with only a single soul inside. Music rang through the dark empty halls and the sharp noises of skates against the ice could be heard from the stands. Yuri Plisetsky was restless and angered, repeating the same few moves over and over and over again, determined to get it right.

It had to be perfect.

He needed it to be perfect.

There was no other option.

Little did Yuri know, a small, shy creature was venturing it's way into the ice skating rink. Bouncing away at the fastest pace it's little padded feet could take it, was a tiny tawny bunny on a quest to escape a fearsome predator that roamed the night streets.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!", Yuri cursed angrily as he whacked his head. "Why won't my body do what I need it to do?!"

The sudden yelling and shouts causes you to shake in surprise and turn to look in the direction of the ice rink. Some blonde boy seemed to be hurting himself by hitting himself over the head repeatedly with his hands. 

"Well that isn't very nice of him to treat himself that way." You think to yourself as you head over to where the blonde boy is burying his head in between his knees.

You tried to hop to get his attention but he didn't hear you, then you tried tapping your foot impatiently, but that didn't yield your desired result either. Ugh! Would this boy ever listen? You shake your thoughts and give up to go over to him and nudge his leg. Ah, yes, a reaction FINALLY. He looked up from the floor and his eyes locked on you.

"A bunny?" The blonde boy seemed utterly confused beyond words.

You just tilted your head in response.

The blonde boy sighed as if resigning himself to whatever fate the universe had given him tonight, and scooped you into his arms, holding you gently as if any wrong move would break your delicate body.

"You no hurt you!" You squeaked angrily and very lightly whacked his nose with the soft pad of your paw. 

Yuri Plisetsky screamed like a little girl.

"You no hurt you!" You repeated glaring at him like an angry little child.

"You can talk?!" The boy seemed so surprised like his whole world had just been shaken.

"Yes?" You answered, wondering why he was so confused. You were speaking his language after all.

"That is not something you're supposed to answer with a question!" He still seemed to be trying to get his breathing under control.

"Sorry?" You tilted your head again. Humans made no sense.

"That didn't help." Now the boy was starting to laugh. Was this funny?

It apparently was very funny because he was now bursting into laughter and smiles and that brought a smile to your face. He seemed... happy now. You nodded to yourself, a job well done. Just as you were about to move to take your leave, the boy's hold on you tightened. Not in a possessive way but more as if he was trying to silently communicate that he didn't want you to leave.

So you didn't.

"Why you hurt you?" You asked, plopping down in his lap and tucking your paws underneath your body.

He hesitated, finally understanding what you meant. After a moment or two of thought, he finally spoke. "I-it's a stupid human thing, you wouldn't get it." He sighed.

"Try me." You nuzzles your face into his hand, loving the comfort and warmth.

"Well- Sometimes-..." He began, "I feel like when I can't do something right then I can't do anything right, and when I can't do anything right I feel worthless. Like I'll never be good enough for anyone, not even myself."

"But you amazing!" You answered, looking up at him with sad eyes.

"I'm not-... I don't feel amazing all the time..." He away awkwardly.

"You are amazing." 

~

Yuri decided that enough was enough for the day and picked up his bags and packed his things and headed home, you in tow, carefully resting in his arms. You also wound up staying for the next practice the next night, and the next one after that and the next one after that. Before you knew it you and Yuri were as tight as could be, spending all day and every night together and whenever Yuri said he wasn't amazing you were right there by his side to remind him that he was.