Her tears

I shuffle into my pants as I glance anxiously at the time,

6:54.

Quickly looking back I comb through my hair, hurrying to get my toothpaste on my tooth brush. Rubbing deodorant on myself I speed walk out of my connected bathroom and into my room.

6:56.

I find my bag and throw books into it, then carefully put my laptop in any space it can fit.

6:58.

I snatch my phone off of my side table, grabbing my perfume also. Giving myself a few sprits I dab essential oil on my wrist and neck.

7:00.

Rushing across the hall I grab a random pair of plain black high top sneakers. Grabbing a tan colored cardigan I lock the door behind me.

7:02.

"Okay but - no."

I look at my friend, Dolly, dead in the face.

"What are you talking --" Yawn.

She looks at me with an eyebrow up and a slight frown on her face.

"Please don't tell me you stayed up again!"

She sounds worried, but I doubt she is. She's never worried for me, I'm just here for company, she said it herself.

"I couldn't sleep."

She didn't have time to answer as her real friends pass us, taking her with them.

I take a glance at her.

I can only see her dyed pink hair go from looking one direction to the next. I can just sense her smile.

I try my best to wash her from my mind whenever she leaves, I mean I'm not her real friend. But even thinking that hurts. I wanna be her real friend. And not just to be friends.

I don't know how I started thinking like that, but her smile was just so pretty.

"Yes, Hope?"

Finally Miss. Heid answered.

"May I use the restroom?"

She thinks for a moment while I move around in my chair to make it more believable.

I don't actually have to go, I just don't want to be in this class right now. The morning started off bad and I just don't feel like listening to math.

"Yes you may. Just be quick."

I nod my head towards her as I quickly get up and rush out the door.

Walking to the nearest restroom I make sure not to look at any of the scattered students.

Turning a sharp corner, I walk through the door with a pictured sign saying female.

Walking in I see no one occupying any of the stalls so I of course go into the biggest stall.

I almost unlock my stall door until I hear a little whimper. Why is someone crying?

I back up from the door as their cries get louder, god this is awkward.

After sitting for a few minutes for the sobbing not to stop I quietly creep out.

"Are you alright?"

I walk towards the sink to see, Dolly.

"Dolly? What happened?"

Quickly I rush to her side.

She clings on to me and just cries. My heart hurts for her, I wonder what happened.

"He - he broke up with me."

I freeze. He? God I wish I was her friend.

"I'm so sorry. I can stay here with you?"

She slowly looks up at me, I get butterflies. Not the time.

"But, don't you have a class?"

I look at her confused. How did she know my schedule, I only showed it to her a couple of times.

"I'll be fine, I can sit here with you."

It's not like I wanna be in the class anyway. I'll take her over anything.

I sit there and listen to her rants about what happened. I swear I made her insides squished with how hard I squeezed her at times.

She never told me to stop so I declare that as a win.

I think I got closer to her.

I apologize if the first chapter was boring!
Thank you for reading <3