» one. welcome to hawkins

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗ ┊ WE ARE NOT THE SAME ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
──── act i. you will never change

CHAPTER ONE — welcome to hawkins

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

BILLY PULLS UP TO SCHOOL in his 1979 Chevrolet Camaro catching everyones attention, max gets out of the front seat and starts to skateboard away to her new middle school. Sydney gets out from the back closing the passenger door while grabbing her bag. Not wanting to wait for Billy she starts walking towards the high school building.

After first period Sydney makes her way to her locker trying to ignore everyone else, until she heard someone squeal not to far away from her. She looks over at the couple and shakes her head as there was another boy awkwardly standing there as the couple kissed. He began to walk away before the girl could notice. Sydney decided to ignore the situation and continue making her way to her locker.

School ended and Billy was waiting for Max before going home. Sydney was already in the backseat doing some of her homework. That's when she heard Billy talking to Max, "You're late again." Max opens the passenger door before replying. "Yeah, I had to get catch-up homework." Billy turns to her and scoffs. "Jesus. I don't care. You're late again, and you're skating home. Do you hear me?" He then puts out the cigarette he was once smoking. Max gets in the car and Billy starts the engine driving home.

While on the road Billy can't help but comment on how shitty the new town they moved into is. Sydney ignored it, since it was like him to complain anyway. The car started to pick up speed, causing Sydney to look up. She could tell Billy was getting angry at what Max had said. He yelled at her to respond causing both Max and Sydney to flinch at him. He speeds up the car even more and starts banging his hand on the steering wheel.

Sydney put away her homework since there was no use in trying to do it anymore, she had to focus on Billy to make sure he didn't crash the car with them in it. She heard Max talking telling Billy to slow down. "Oh, these your new hick friends?" Billy asks looking at the three boys biking in front of the car. Max states that she doesn't know them and that's when Billy starts to get cocky and pick up speed. He ignores Max's cries for him to stop. Sydney having enough of it she finally speaks up. "Billy slow down the damn car!" With that Billy can't help but swerve in front of the kids and laugh.

At home Max had already left to go trick or treating with her new friends and Sydney was dragged along with Billy to go to a high school party. After arriving there Billy started making some new 'friends' and Sydney knew she was going to hate them. He always had a taste for shitty friends like himself, someone who matches his shitty energy. Sydney was by the punch bowl in the kitchen, filling a red solo cup with some of the punch that she knew had alcohol in it.

The couple from her new high school came over to the kitchen, the girl filling up her cup with the punch and started to chug her drink, her boyfriend trying to tell her to take it easy since they had just got there. The girl stops only to respond to him, "We're just being stupid teenagers for the night. Wasn't that the deal?" She then goes back to refilling her cup and taking a sip while walking away. Sydney can't help but to smile at the other girls words, hiding her face with her red solo cup. She honestly couldn't wait until another couple would start to fight.

Although twenty minutes after the same couple began to bicker as the girl went to get more to drink even though she was intoxicated enough. The boy trying to stop her only to fail and make her spill punch all over herself, the crowd of people stopping in response to watch the girl walk off as the boy chased after her. Sydney couldn't help but snicker at what had just happened, throwing away her red solo cup she begins to search for Billy wanting to be taken home for the night.

A/N ; sorry for such the long wait and I'm sorry that this chapter is short but then again I will be re-editing each chapter! I really hope you guys enjoy it so far!