Reunited

Upon first glance it was like Sansa had jumped twelve years into the past, but with a second look she could see that the rebellious grin and the boyish charm had faded, making way for the strait-laced man with his crisp, fitted suit that stood in front of her.

"Sansa?" he asked incredulously. "It's been years. I can't believe I'm seeing you again. You look great."

"So do you. You went and grew up on me. Look at you with your tie, how do you breathe in that thing," she teased tugging lightly on the piece of cloth. He gently batted her hand away, smoothing the tie back into his suit.

"Come on now. I'm a professional now. I have to dress like it."

They stood in silence for a moment, smiling at each other and taking in the feeling of seeing each other again. Then, Theseus seemed to remember where they were.

"Wait, what are you doing here?"

"Me? I should be asking you. This my ministry. My country actually. What are you doing here?"

"I'm with the aurors tracking down Grindelwald, I was just heading to meet with the task force when I saw my brother."

Sansa suddenly remembered that Patterson was waiting for her with the British aurors. She took a look down the hall Newt and the woman had disappeared down, determining that they could only be heading to one place. Pieces of the puzzle flew together in her head. "Crap. We have to go," 

"But my brother," he stuttered, pointing in the direction that they had run off. 

"The only thing down there is Melusine and her matagots. They'll be apprehended in no time. We on the other hand need to get to that meeting. I have a theory about where Grindelwald is holding his rally."

She took off, not waiting for Theseus to respond. He stood for a moment looking between Sansa and where his brother had disappeared before rushing after Sansa.

"I'm sorry matagots?"

"Just a protective measure. Nothing that your brother can't handle from what I've heard. I saw the article about his book of magical creatures. He's been in the paper a lot recently. What with his book release and his engagement announcement."

"Uh..." Theseus opened his mouth to speak but Sansa cut him off pulling him into the occupied meeting room. The room full of aurors and Patterson all stopped talking, looking up at the intrusion. 

"Sorry gents, hate to interrupt but I think I know where your criminal will be," she said, only to be met with shocked faces. Patterson, used to her bold claims, had learned to follow along with her.

"Care to elaborate Parikh?" he asked. 

"What did we see in the silk cloths, Patterson?"

"White ravens..."

"And what direction did they leave to?"

"To the west."

"That, added to the fact that Newt Scamander is currently trying to break into the records of family lineages, leads us to..." she paused for a second, seeing that Patterson was piecing things together in his mind. When his face lit up with understanding she continued. "The Lestrange Mausoleum."

A particularly burly looking auror stood up and narrowed his eyes at Sansa. "You better be right girly." 

"By all means if you have a better idea, I'm all ears."

"Alright that's enough," the head of the British aurors cut in. "Scamander. Do you agree?"

Theseus looked at Sansa for a moment before nodding. "I do. I agree. The mausoleum is a likely place for Grindelwald's forces to rally."

"Good enough for me. Everyone, let's head out. I want everyone there arrested." 

Patterson crossed the room to stand beside Sansa, clapping her on the shoulder. Everything moved rather quickly as the team prepared to head out. They were passing through the atrium when a roar shook the ground throughout the ministry. Sansa's eyes grew wide as she tried to comprehend what she was seeing. A monstrously large lion-like creature was carving a path of destruction through the rows of desks, leaving papers littered in it's wake. Clinging to it's back as it jumped from place to place was Newt Scamander. It galloped towards where the aurors were gathered, leaping over their heads and crashing through the glass ceiling above. Sansa looked sideways at Theseus not believing the amount of destruction his brother had managed to cause.

Sansa crept through the dark cemetery, wand out giving off the faint silver light of her diagnostic spells, looking for any dangerous curses or traps waiting for them

Sansa crept through the dark cemetery, wand out giving off the faint silver light of her diagnostic spells, looking for any dangerous curses or traps waiting for them. Next to her Patterson was doing the same, his magic lighting the area around him in green. The aurors were standing back, strategizing their approach, while Sansa and Patterson did a sweep of the area in order to give an all clear. 

Sansa looked to her partner, him indicating that he also hadn't found any obvious signs of danger. Reporting back to Travers and Dubois, they were ushered to the middle of the pack and ordered to keep up the surveillance as they moved in. Theseus was walking up ahead, next to Travers and Dubois. He was clearly antsy, though he was trying to hide it. The furrow of his brow and the way he kept shifting his grip on his wand were clear signs to Sansa that he was more worried than he was showing.

Everyone was silent as the entered into the dimly lit stone building. The booming voice of a man could be heard from a room up ahead followed by the cheers of hundreds of people who must be there listening. As the came up to the door, Sansa blinked rapidly trying to get her eyes to adjust to the bright glow that bathed the room.

In the center of the room, being celebrated like he was a hero of some kind was Gellert Grindelwald.