𝙏𝙚𝙣

song: Can't take my eyes off you by Frankie Valli

I packed up the rest of my books I needed and put them in my backpack.

"Almost ready?" Kerri asked coming up to locker.

"Ready." I said closing it.

We walked out of the school feeling the bitter weather almost instantly. I searched for Matt finding him a little aways from his usual spot.

We got into the car driving back to our neighborhood. The only thing I was really thinking about was the fact that Chris and Nick weren't here.

I was freaking myself out. I've hung out with Matt alone plenty of times. I mean I kinda really like him now, but still.

"What movie we're you thinking about watching?" Matt asked.

"I don't know." I said getting out.

"You should pick this." He said. "Since I chose about everything else."

I smiled at his attitude for the situation. "Uh...what are you in the mood for?"

"I don't know. I'm down for anything you want."

"I've forced you to watch almost all of my movies." I said thinking. "The Lost Boys?"

"We've watched that." He said. I remembered that we did once he said that.

"What about...Dead Poets Society?" I asked.

"A movie you haven't watched 1000 times?" He asked opening the door for me.

"How do you know I've watched that?" I asked.

"You literally have the DVD sitting on the tv stand." He said.

"Oh yeah." I said. "MOM! I'm home!"

"Upstairs!" She shouted back. "I'll be down in a second.

"Maybe not one of those 80's movies? We can watch those anytime." He said.

"Uh..." I said trailed off trying to think. "What about—"

"Hey guys." My mom said coming down in her scrubs.

"Why are you in work clothes?" I asked.

"I have to work night shift. We're short handed." She said.

"Oh." I said. "When do you have to leave?"

"6. So I'll probably leave about 5:30." She said. "I'm about to make some quick food, you guys want some?"

"Sure." I said.

"That'd be good." Matt said.

I looked at Matt. "We'll watch the movie after dinner." I said."But I'm gonna go get into comfy clothes, be right back."

"Yeah." Matt responded shrugging slightly.

I went upstairs leaving Matt and my mom downstairs.

Matt's POV

I watched her go up the first few steps and got up to grab the snacks out of the side room.

I brought back the soda and a bag about running into Ms. Wagner.

"Sorry." She said.

"You're good." I said carrying the rest of the supplies to the living room.

"What are those for?" She asked going to the kitchen.

"We're having a movie night." I said.

"You and Brooke?" She asked looking back at me.

"Yeah." I said.