IV. Dead Flower

Four

Four.         Dead Flower

            "It's just to sub in! One night, V! C'mon, please! Lucas can't! He can't miss his game apparently!" Vera sighed gently at Dustin Henderson's words, as the two walked through the school halls

            "It's just to sub in! One night, V! C'mon, please! Lucas can't! He can't miss his game apparently!" Vera sighed gently at Dustin Henderson's words, as the two walked through the school halls. "Vera—" The girl then paused, looking over at the freshman. "You do realize I am apart of the cheer team? My job is to be at games, y'know, to cheer?"

Dustin groaned, with an eye roll. "You can't miss one game? It's Eddie's big campaign!" Vera's lips parted, "Eddie?" Dustin nodded, with a duh look, "yeah, duh! The Hellfire Club!" Vera nodded slowly, brows raised. "Right.. Dustin, I'd love to help you out, but I can't.." Dustin sighed, shoulders sagging as the brunette sent him a soft smile.

   "You can call Steve? Maybe he can do it?" Dustin huffed, "I already did. He's working, and he's gonna be at the game too. He also just didn't want to play." Hm, Steve Harrington fashion. Vera cracked a smile, "you went to Steve before me? I use to make you P&J's, Henderson!" The boys lips parted, cheeks dusting over. Vera stifled a laugh, "I'm kidding, Dustin. I'm sorry I can't help you out tonight, though."

    The boy smiled gently, "thanks anyway, V. I'll catch you later." Vera nodded, watching the boy jog off right into Eddie Munson. The older boy clasped Dustin's shoulder with a soft shake, his eyes lingering on Vera. The girl smiled softly, sending him a small wave—Which he returned with the tilt of his chin before the two boys disappeared into one of the school buildings.

    "I think he's obsessed with you."

    Vera flinched roughly with a gasp as she spun around, eyes locking on Mia Grant and her high ponytail held together by the cheer team scrunchie (more awful green). "Jesus Christ, Mia, you scared me—" Mia raised a brow, arms tightening over her chest. "Why's Munson always lookin' at you?"

   Vera's lips parted, color fading a little from her features. "Excuse me?" Mia shrugged, defensive. "I don't know. I just always notice him gawking and you gawk right back!" What? Vera's features harden a little, "no one is gawking! I'm being nice, everyone treats him like shit and no one actually knows him? What is your deal right now?"