1: God Knows What Has Happened...

The Beginning.

Those who have tried to seek the beginning will understand. They can never rewrite the past, and they can never change the past.

Time is what allows clocks to tick their second and minute hand.

Those who live with time -- which everyone who is breathing is -- would understand that concept.

Time is the force that drives us forward. Time is what pushes us to our limits. Constantly rushing us. The second hand never slowing down.

Yet, one day, an eight-year-old boy found a way out of the concept. A loophole.

"If time is what drives us forward, what makes us go backward?"

The answer is simple: You don't.

You can only stop there. It is called a challenge. An obstacle, blocking your way.

Remember: you can only move forward. You cannot seek the past, but you can be stopped or stop yourself.

-

The light and gentle rain slowly formed a storm. A storm that would not bother this particular person. Instead, he wanted this storm. It was for the better... and it played an important role as a distraction.

"Tanikawa Aki. I was told he would be waiting in the alleyway soon. Heh, just standing there smoking..." The hooded guy smirked.

As the mysterious figure appeared near the alleyway, a man in business clothing was blowing out a puff of air.

"Hah... who are you?" the businessman asked. The rain had slowly drenched him in coldness.

The figure did not respond. Instead, he approached the man slowly.

This was for the better. Eliminating all targets or suspects of enemies.

"This is for the better..." the figure hissed in the shadows.

"Pfft! What do you mean by that, child --"

Before the businessman could speak, his eyes widened. Even through the fuzziness and iciness of the air, he saw his amber eyes, warning him.

"I have the government files here. They say... quite a lot about you..." the figure trailed off.

"Wh-What... Who are you!?" the businessman yelled.

"There's no use yelling." The figure smirked. "Tanikawa Aki. Affiliated with Azure Blade."

"H-huh?" the businessman stuttered. He dropped his smoke. "Oh, are you another figure from the Azure Blade? You should have told me..." Tanikawa Aki burst out laughing before crying out loud.

The mysterious figure slowly grabbed his dagger out and slashed him.

"WHO --" Tanikawa yelped.

"Quite the opposite. I am not affiliated with the Azure Blade." The mysterious figure shot Tanikawa a wicked smile.

As the hooded person landed a nice, clean-cut on Tanikawa's neck, he spoke.

"You will remember me." He stomped on Tanikawa, and the poor businessman splatted out blood from his mouth. Tanikawa glared at the hooded person's amber eyes.

"Let me tell you. You are someone who poses a threat to our clan. They have sent me to eliminate you."

"Just... tell me, just... j-just who are... y-you? W-who are... you... affiliated... with..?" the businessman huffed out.

The hooded person smirked.

He revealed himself by slowly taking his hood down.

"My name is Hisaki Yaichiro. And I am not affiliated with any clan. I live with the clan. I am the youngest longstanding assassin in our clan, Shadow Deaths."

Hisaki stabbed Tanikawa in the chest, and he splurted out more blood.

"Hm... I can't leave him here in case they gather evidence." Hisaki clucked his tongue with a disapproving look. As he leaned over to see Tanikawa's lifeless body, he shook his head. Tsk-tsk.

-

[A/N]: hello! this is rain.wave here! i hope you've enjoyed this first part of this story. it's my first time publishing here, and i haven't necessarily written and finished a lot of my stories. don't mind me, i'm sure you might've caught some mistakes up there... (hopefully not though...)

hope you enjoy! ヾ(•ω•')o